CHAPTER 21

💿 Choose - Why Don't We

×

Jeongguk hadn't slept quite well. He didn't even know if he had slept at all. What he knew though was that the coffee in his hand was not helping at all as his eyes felt as droopy as ever. He took another sip nevertheless, the hot liquid running down his throat. It left a bitter aftertaste. Jeongguk scrunched his nose.

On the other hand, Jimin was absolutely sure that he did not get any sleep, not even for one second. Right now, he looked rather discomposed than sleepy but he actually was tired as hell. It was a miracle that he managed to keep his eyes open in front of his family and friends.

All of them were currently sitting at one of the plenty family tables in the vast breakfast room of the hotel. Jimin would have preferred to avoid social encounters, but oh well.

"Jimin honey, could you pass me the water bottle?"
Hyeonju asked with a smile plastered on her face. Of course, the blonde did as said and tried to mimic a genuine-looking smile, failing terribly.

After taking a sip of her honey milk, his own mother spoke up, addressing everyone, "Today is our last day here before we will fly back home. Do you have any plans, ideas on what to do?"

Sleep. Please someone say sleep.

"I would love to relax at the swimming pool today. I have been on the road a lot these last few days and hardly spent any time lazing around. You do you though," Namjoon said before munching on another peace of bread.

"I'll stay at the pool too," Jimin mumbled while sipping his latte macchiato. He tried his best to hold his head up but it was all no use when his body hit the pool lounger. Jimin instantly fell asleep, his hair got tousled and the towel did leave an imprint on the face.

Everyone had enjoyed the last day of their vacation.
Since each of them had different plans, it was quite peaceful to hang out in smaller groups. Taehyung, Hyeonju and Sanghun had left the hotel right after eating breakfast to go sight-seeing while Jimin, his parents and the devil in person stayed at the hotel, lounging and eating a fair amount of delicious food from the pool bar.
Sometime later, Jeongguk and Jimin's mom, Eunju, decided to go for a walk through the nearby park and feed the cute ducks that were swimming in the small lake there.

Jimin only found out about this when he was woken up by a cold and wet hug from Miyeong who had just finished swimming her daily laps and decided it was time because her son had been knocked out for more than five ungodly hours.

"What time is it?" Jimin mumbled grudgingly as he turned away from her, not wanting to get wet any further. He rubbed his closed eyes with one hand, just waiting for a response.

"It's 4 pm, darling"
Immediately, Jimin sat up straight an his eyes widened comically before he asked baffeled, "And you just let me sleep?!"

"This morning you looked kind of conflicted and tired and my mother instincts told me that you needed some time and some good rest to figure out whatever or whoever is going through you mind"

Jimin scoffed. Of course he instantly thought of that exact person. And said person was missing, if he was not mistaken.

"Oh god, I can literally hear the gears turning in your head. Ma and Jeongguk went for a walk through the park in case you were wondering"

"Mum," Jimin was whining "She's gonna embarrass me!"

Miyeong just smiled and patted her son's shoulder while saying,
"I don't think Jeongguk would mind her endearing stories about you"

Oh yeah, he won't. Not at all.

-----

"I am so hungry, I feel like I'm dying right now and my belly is making weird noises so hurry up, young man,"
Jimin complained because everyone was standing outside their hotel room. Everyone but Jeongguk. The guy was struggling to put his sneakers on in the short time that was left. He had taken a nap after his short walk with Eunju and had miserably slept through his alarm. Now they all were running late for dinner and their parents were probably waiting in front of the hotel's dining room.