CHAPTER 32

💿 DUMB DUMB - JEON SOMI

×

"So," Miyeong said before wiping her mouth with a napkin,
"are you three excited to go to university?"

"Right, it's not even two weeks until you will start your first year," Sanghun said, smiling proudly.

If Jimin was being honest, he didn't want to be reminded of this. It felt like summer break had just begun and he didn't think of anything school related ever since he graduated from highschool. Well, he did one time, when he and Taehyung got accepted.

Actually, all three of them managed to get into Seoul National University but since they had different majors, they were quite far away from each other. This also meant that they wouldn't be seeing each other as much as before which was quite frightening, in Jimin's opinion.

"Jimin honey, I heard that you will be living on campus. Is that right?"
Hyeonju asked him and Jimin got flustered at all the attention that was suddenly directed at him.

"Yeah, you're right. I thought it would be beneficial to spend the first year in the dorms to get used to the new place as well as gaining some additional experience,"
he answered with a smile even though his gaze never left his plate. He then went on to say,
"I'm gonna see for how long I will stay there. Sooner or later I guess I will search a place off campus like Taehyung and Jeongguk"

"You know you're always welcome at our place, right? We have some spare room,"
Tae mentioned while chewing on a piece of meat, oblivious to Jeongguk's scowl.

"I know, thanks,"
Jimin looked up this time and smiled at his brother who immediately smiled back.

After all of them had finished their food and had cleared the dishes from the table, Miyeong spoke,
"Before the young adults leave, lets play a game"

"Sounds nice. How about Activity?"
Namjoon suggested and everyone agreed, some more willingly, some less.

"Okay, then I'll get the game,"
Jimin announced and quickly left the room to escape for at least a second. Jeongguk followed soon after, saying he needed to use the restroom which was indeed true but he also needed to get out of this uncomfortable situation. It was obvious that both of them didn't look forward to playing the game, especially playing it together.

"I think there is something going on between the our sons,"
Miyeong whispered to Hyeonju and she leaned closer and excitedly answered,
"I thought I was the only one that noticed that they were acting suspicious!"

Taehyung literally choked on his drink and looked the other way from their parents, wide-eyed. How did they mistake their hatred as liking?
He tried recover quickly from his small coughing session and Namjoon just laughed at him. Too immersed in their conversation, their parents didn't even notice that he was almost choking to death.

"What the fuck," the younger mouthed at Namjoon with an exaggerated facial expression and the latter just shrugged as if he didn't know what their were saying, a smirk displayed on his face.

Meanwhile, Jeongguk was waiting for Jimin in the hallway. As he heard the other walk down the stairs he quickly grabbed his arm and pulled him further into the narrow room.

"Can't we just leave?"
Jeongguk suggested with furrowed eyebrows. Jimin rolled his eyes because since when would Jeongguk rather spend time with him than with anyone else?

"Look, let's just play one round with them and then we can escape to your room or whatever,"
Jimin suggested with an exhausted look on his face, sounding done.

When they entered the room, they made sure to go in one at a time so it didn't look like they were together previously.

"Okay, you all know the rules right? You will either draw, mimic or explain a term. Let's divide into two groups,"
Eunju said in her serious voice as she was rather competitive.
And, of course, Jimin and Jeongguk had to end up being in the same group.
It was quite weird to see their parents giggle when they saw the two of them sit beside each other.
Miyeong and Sanghun were also on their team, leaving Namjoon, Taehyung, Eunju, and Hyeonju to team up against them.

It all went well until it was Namjoon's turn. He had to draw a frog but it looked more like a really badly drawn dog.
"Oh god, Namjoon is so bad at drawing, I can't tell whether it's supposed to be a dog or a chair,"
Jeongguk stated loudly, laughing and surprisingly enjoying himself.

"Hey, at least try to make an effort!"
Taehyung jokingly shouted at Namjoon who already had sweat running down his forehead. They all laughed at Taehyung's comment which had thrown Namjoon off course cause since he also had to laugh.
Let's just say they lost that round.

However, after Namjoon's defeat, when everyone had calmed down,
Taehyung remembered something out of the blue.
Jimin had told him that Namjoon was the one who helped him paint his wall.

The paintings looked good.

The painting Namjoon did just now looked awful.

Jeongguk had said that Namjoon was bad at drawing.

This doesn't make any sense-

"Taehyung, it's your turn!"
Someone said, pulling him out of his thoughts and he pulled a new card where he had to mimic a plumber which worked quite well, Sanghun had guessed it pretty fast.
At the end, the other team had won but they still had fun so losing wasn't that tragic.

"Let's get out of here,"
the brunette mumbled under his breath so only Jimin could hear him and gently placed his hand on top of Jimin's thigh. The other boy instantly turned to Jeongguk, who was already watching him attentively while biting on his bottom lip.
"Fine. But how-"

"Taehyung and I wanted to go over to our place now. Wanna join?"
a voice that they recognized as Namjoon's suddenly spoke from behind them. Being overwhelmed, they shared a helpless gaze. Then Jimin answered hastily without thinking twice,
"Sure, let's go!"

Jungkook glared at him and gripped his thigh more tightly to express his distaste.
"Great, Park,"
he said quietly through gritted teeth.

---

"So," Namjoon said akwardly as he sat down on his brother's bed.
They were currently in Jeongguk's room and Jimin instantly regretted agreeing. He was sitting on Jeongguk's gaming chair, keeping his distance from the other boys and sipping an iced green tea that he had found in the fridge earlier. They've done a lot of not so innocent things on this chair-

"I'm gonna go pee. While I'm away, please talk or do something to make it less weird,"
Taehyung sighed, looking directly at Jimin and Jeongguk, and stood up from the fluffy carpet he was sitting on before, headimg towards Jeongguk's bathroom.

“So you all will study at SNU? Not gonna lie, I'm surprised. In a good way of course. You must have made a great impression,"
Namjoon started a conversation but the other two only hummed, not trying to keep this conversation going.
So he tried once again,
"Minie, do you already know your dorm roommate?"

"Oh, I actually got to know his name but that's it. It's is Kim Jiwoong,"
Jimin said an shrugged his shoulders.
When Jeongguk was about to open his mouth to say something, Taehyung entered the room again with hurried steps, facing his best friend.

"Jeon Jeongguk, are you seeing someone?"

×

Heyy, how are yall?
I'm sorry for the cliffhanger (actually not)
I hope you all had a great day,
love you<3