CHAPTER 5

💿 GUY.exe - Superfruit

×

"Has anyone checked the second floor?" Jeongguk asked the other three boys while resting his hands on his knees, taking a deep breath. Namjoon had just entered the living room from the stairwell, when he said, "Everything is clean upstairs. Except for a plastic cup or two, there was no garbage. I've already thrown them away"

"Thanks Joon. We would've been lost without your help. Mum and Dad will be back any second, so let's go back to the kitchen and pretend that we didn't just clean the whole house," Jeongguk replied to his older brother before the four of them hurried to the kitchen. They sat down at the kitchen table, exhausted and feeling tense.

Just when Jimin had caught his breath, the front door opened. Each one of them pretended to be busy with eating or scrolling through social media.
That is, Tae swallowing a spoonful of his now soggy cornflakes and Jimin biting into his now cold and hard slice of toast while Jeongguk took a sip of his already cold coffee and Namjoon just looked at his phone as if he was expecting to receive a text.

"Hello? We're home kids-
oh we have guests! Good morning Jimin, hello Taehyung, how are you doing?" Jeongguk's and Namjoon's mother, Hyeonju, said as soon as she saw them sitting in the kitchen. They greeted her with smiling faces before she continued,
"Even though you're always welcome, why exactly are you here at this hour? And how come no one told me about it-
Jeongguk?"

"I just forgot to tell you mum. Tae and Jimin had forgotten their keys yesterday so I - the humble human being I am - invited them over," Jeongguk asked while touching his chest in an exaggerated manner.

"Yeah yeah we get it honey, your the best.
Anyway, speaking of meetings, your parents and we decided to have dinner together tonight," Hyeonju said and smiled. Jimin wasn't very thrilled about it, but he didn't want to voice his mind, hence why he nodded in agreement.

Next, Jeongguk's and Namjoon's father, Sanghun, entered the kitchen and added to what she said, "Also, I don't think they're home yet since they planned on going grocery shopping."

"Well that's great! You can stay here until they come over for dinner!" the black haired woman said as she picked up an apple from the kitchen counter.

Jimin didn't like that plan at all.
After all, he had to stay in the same building with Jeongguk for too long already.
He hoped that Namjoon would safe him so he looked helplessly in his direction. The latter quickly understood and said,
"Jimin, come on let's go into my room"

That's when Jimin got up with a small smile and quickly followed Namjoon up the stairs.

-----

"Hyeonju, the food is delicious!"
Jimin said to Jeongguk's mother and the other ones sitting at the dinner table agreed. She thanked them, feeling quite flustered.
They continued to eat the large selection of food that she had made for her dearest people when suddenly Jimin's mother, Miyeong, started to speak,
"Oh Jimin, your sleep over party at the youth center is in two days already, right? I almost forgot"

Shoot. Jimin almost choked on his food when he heard the words that left his mother's mouth. He had hoped his two mothers would actually forget about it so he didn't have to go there to look after annoying kids.

When they were still young children, they went to this sleep over party that found place every year, organized by the youth center. Well, Jimin went their one time and his mother was so excited and happy, she wanted him to go there again. And again.

Since then he had always went there but as Jimin grew older he actually wasn't one of the small, noisy kids having fun but a supervisor, having to take care of them. Taehyung somehow had managed not to have to go there anymore but Jimin couldn't stand seeing his mum sad so he still did it, regardless.

"Oh yes, you're right. Would it be possible for you to drop me off and then pick me up the next morning?" Jimin asked her.
Usually,  - being a lawyer - Miyeong was very busy with her job and he didn't want to burden her any more. Also, his other mother, Eunju, didn't have a driver's license so there was no other option than asking her or riding the bus with creepy men in their late sixties.

"Actually, I've already made an appointment, I'm meeting up with my girlfriends. But I'm gonna find a solution, dont worry," she answered after letting out a heavy sigh.

"Oh! How about Jeongguk taking him to the youth center and picking him up the next morning? I'm sure he can do that,"
Hyeonju spoke suddenly, excited.

You see, their parents actually thought the two of them were great friends as Jimin and Jeongguk tried to never show their distaste in front of them.

Back when Jeongguk had passed his driver's license and got his own car, their parents had agreed that he should take Taehyung and Jimin to school in the morning and drive them back home at lunchtime, but when he had turned up on the first day of school, Jimin saw his dumb smirk and decided walking would be the better option. Also, taking the bus was much better than sitting in the same car with Jeongguk.

"Yes, why not?" Jeongguk said and smiled his fake smile, but when he looked at Jimin, the latter could clearly notice his dark eyes while he was stuffing some bread into his mouth.

He looked pissed off.

I like it.

"Okay, I wouldn't mind at all," Jimin spoke in a sing song way and grinned cheekily. Jeongguk snorted in annoyance and gave the smaller a death glare. After hearing the both of them answer, his mother spoke , "Okay, then it's settled. Jimin darling, just text him details"

"Yes, I will do that, Hyeonju,"
Jimin said with a mischievous grin and took a bite of the food on his plate.

×

Finally the weekend!
I am so happy to know that tomorrow I can finally sleep in after such a stressful week.

We're slowly moving on in the storyline too and there's still gonna happen so much.
I hope you're looking forward to it.
Purple youu <3

×