CHAPTER 2

💿 When We Were Young - Lost Kings

×

Finally, their summer break had begun. It was on a Wednesday when Jimin walked down the street on his way home to just sleep and enjoy his time away from any kind of school activity. He would be starting university after summer break so rest was even more needed.
He had his earphones plugged in, jamming to his favorite song so he didn't expect the loud noise of a horn at all. After jumping like a scaredy cat he dared a look to the side where the noise came from and as expected he saw a car. He knew that car.

"Hey dwarf, jump in or your brother's going to kill me," a familiar voice told him. It was non other than Jeon Jeongguk. That fucker.

"I'd kindly decline,"
the older said and smiled a cheeky smile just to annoy him and his flat ass. However, Taehyung insisted that he'd get into the car so with an irritated sigh Jimin opened the car door and dropped onto a seat.
Since Tae and Jeongguk were sitting in the front, he had no other choice than to sit at the back. Not that he would like to sit beside Jeongguk anyway.

"I hope you've learnt to drive by now, I don't want to get out of the car with a broken arm," Jimin said and looked at Jeongguk through the rearview mirror. The latter just scoffed and started the car.

While the two boys in the front talked about trivial stuff, Jimin just sat there and looked out of the window. He kind of felt left out. It's not that he was jealous, it was just a weird feeling to sit there and say nothing at all when two people he has known his whole life were chatting and laughing.

"Jimin, did you take your keys with you this morning? I forgot mine at home Mom and Mama are at their highschool reunion," Tae said out of nowhere and who would've thought this the day could get even worse. Of course Jimin had to forget his keys as well.
Of course.

He sighed and gripped the seat in front of him tightly as he muttered, "I forgot them this morning, I was in a rush. What should we do now? They won't be home until tomorrow"

And this was the moment Jimin realized his misery. Before he could finish his thought Jeongguk spoke up, "Well, you could come over to mine. As yall know, my parents are at that class reunion as well and I've been planning on throwing a party tonight so you could just stay for the night after the party has ended. Only if it's fine for the baby though"

"Okay,  the time has come for you to shut up, Bigfoot", Jimin huffed and hit the back of Jeongguks head with his hand. The latter just ignored what he said and uttered,
"Oh and Shorthead, you can stay in Namjoons room since you don't really like house partys-"

"Now will you stop giving me nick names, won't you?", Jimin snapped and looked at Jeongguk with a death glare.

Namjoon is Jeongguk's older brother and one of Jimin's casual friends. Sometimes they meet up at a local coffee shop to read and exchange books but Jimin did not plan on reading a book while a party was going on downstairs.
So Jimin continued and said,
"And of course I will come to the party, you dickhead"

"If you think so. But don't you dare to puke in the restroom later on. It kinda gives me a deja vu", Jeonggukk said and Jimin scowled at him. Again.

If Jimin had to puke he decided it would be right in Jeongguk's face but he was quite sure that wouldn't happen. He has a high alcohol tolerance, probably even higher than Jeongguk's. The last time he puked because of Alkohol was a long time ago but Jeongguk just couldn't let it go.

After this conversation Jimin decided that pretty everything outside the car window was more interesting than the talk Taehyung and Jeongguk had and before he realized it, the car had stopped. They were right in front of Jeongguks house. He was the first one to exit the car.

"I'm quickly gonna go over to our house to check if there's a key in the plant pot on the porch", Jimin said loudly, mostly to Taehyung, and walked to their house next door. Yes, they were neighbours, what a cliché. Yes, Jimin didn't like that at all.

After searching for a key for nearly ten minutes and being unsuccessful, Jimin walked over to the house of the Jeons and ringed the doorbell. Taehyung opened the door for him and he walked straight to the couch and flopped down on it. TheJeon villa is like Jimin's second home since he's spent his whole childhood there and their families still met up sometimes to eat dinner together. So when he grabbed the remote and turned on the tv to watch some show on Netflix, no one batted an eye.

While the show was playing, Jimin sent a quick text message to Yoongi asking if he'd come to the party that would take place in a few hours. He already knew that Yoongi would say no since he wasn't a party guy. Yoongi had been his best friend since middle school and he only had accompanied him to a party once. The older was more the kind who would meet up in a small circle to have a few drinks and talk.

"Jimin, do you want something to eat? Jeongguk and me want to order some take out", Tae said and Jimin would never reject free food. Besides, he was starving so he stood up and walked into the kitchen while replying, "Yes please! Just don't try to cook, I do not plan on dying today"

"Well I don't trust our cooking skills either so don't worry", Jeongguk said with an playful grin and pulled his mobile phone out of his pocket to order some food. The smaller just walked away again with a scoff and decided to turn off the tv since he wasn't even paying attention to the show. Afterwards, he went up the stairs to look for Namjoon. He knocked on the door of Namjoons room since he didn't want to startle the older but not even a second later Namjoon appeared, trying to put on his shirt while opening the door.

"Hey buddy, what are you doing here? I don't think you forgot something the last time we met", Namjoon said with an raised eyebrow and made way for Jimin to enter the room. The latter walked past him to sit down on his desk chair and leaned back before he said, "Well, both Tae and I forgot our keys at home and since our parents are on that stupid highschool reunion, we basically locked ourselves out."

"Welcome then. Make yourself at home. You can take a book out of the bookshelf while I look for clothes that fit you since you probably don't want to wear jeans all day", the older said and Jimin stood up to walk over to the bookshelf the latter had talked about. He always felt so comfortable in Namjoons presence. He had been his safe place since kindergarten and helped Jimin out whenever he could for which jimin was certainly grateful.

×

Hello, hello people!
I know the beginning might be a bit slow but I promise it gets real interesting as we move on. I hope you like this new chapter and had a great weekend.

I'm planning on updating two times a week. Which days would you prefer? I thought about Friday and Saturday but I'm open for your recommendations!

Love yall<33