CHAPTER 24

💿 Lovers In The Night - Seori

×

Jeongguk didn't know how he ended up in this agreement. He preferred to call it a huge mess, actually.

"Whenever you feel the need to smoke, hit me up or come over"

"Why exactly would I do that?" Jeongguk wondered, hesitantly drawing out his words.

"Whenever we meet up I'll let you do whatever you want with me,"
Jimin proposed with a shrug, hiding his growing nervousness.

"So you're basically suggesting a friends with benefits arrangement," Jeongguk simply stated, looking at him dumbfoundedly. Although, they weren't even friends to begin with.

Jimin chuckled slightly. He knew that he sounded like he was out of his mind. A flirty smirk formed on his face as he ambiguously said,
"That is up to your interpretation, Gguk"

When Jeongguk's stiff posture didn't change he added with a playful smile, "See it as some kind of distraction"

The taller was surprised, to say the least. However, he recovered quickly and walked closer to the other boy with a lazy smile.
"What if I feel the need to smoke right now?"

"You were smoking just five minutes ago though?"
Jimin's flirty facade dropped, replaced by a confused look as well as the prominent frown that was forming between his eyebrows.

Soon, the taller's face was so close to his, there was hardly any space left between the two. Still, Jeongguk managed to lean closer and closer and Jimin could feel his breath against his lips.

He subconsciously gave in as he slowly shut his eyes and brought his hand up slightly.
Nothing happened.
The hot breath was wandering to his ear as he heard Jeongguk's voice, low and raspy,
"I guess you're right"

As soon as these words were spoken, Jeongguk broke away from him and walked to the balcony door while still facing the smaller.
"I'll see you later then,"
he grinned smugly,  leaving the room the same way he had entered it.

-----

Now Jeon Jeongguk was sitting in his room, on his carpet, puzzling.
Yes, puzzling.
Over time, he has learned that it helped him to calm down and sort his thoughts.
And Jeongguk was desperately trying to calm down.

He knew that this was a bad idea and while he hadn't directly agreed to Jimin's suggestion, it kind of felt as if there was no turning back.

"Oh god, Jeongguk, what happened?"
out of nowhere, Namjoon appeared in his door. He didn't even realize he had opened it.

"Nothing happened. Im just puzzling,"
the younger sing-songs and then hummed contentedly because he spotted two puzzle peaces that fit together.

"You only puzzle when something's happened,"
Namjoon pointed out, however Jeongguk ignored the obvious and responded,
"I don't know what you mean"

"I'll let you sort this problem out yourself, I guess,"
Namjoon sighed as he moved away from the door, walking down the hall to his own room.

The thing is, Jeongguk actually knew that he wasn't easy to handle. There were a lot of problems that came with him, including the ones he would be causing in the future.
And you see, Jeon Jeongguk was a person with a lot of boundaries. They were valid, most of the time, but sometimes it just was really difficult to get out of his own way.

All the stuff Jimin had implied wasn't what was crossing his boundaries. Instead, the person he was supposed to be doing these things with was the big problem.
The smaller boy wasn't just some random person he had recently met. No, they had known each other for so long that a relationship was formed, even if it was a rather uncomfortable one.

Normally, he would have smoked long ago because of the stress.
The puzzle on the floor was long forgotten, lying there, unfinished. Jeongguk grabbed his phone and put on some deodorant before climbing through his window and sneaking all the way up to Jimin's balcony.

He wanted to quit.

Jeongguk saw Jimin sitting on his bed and decided to knock on the glass door. With that, Jimin jolted, looking around until his eyes met the ones of the brunette. Jeongguk was immediately met with an angry scowl. The smaller stomped to the door that was separating the two of them and opened it.

"You know, it would be nice to receive an 'I'm coming over' text instead of seeing a tall figure standing on my balcony at night,"
Jimin complained pettily while walking back to his bed, sitting down.
The other boy followed him and then halted directly in front of him,
looked down.

"If we are really doing this, we need to talk this through,"
Jeongguk stated. He put his hands in the pockets of his sweatpants.

Stop looking so hot.

Instead of voicing his thoughts out loud, Jimin settled for something more, well,  hardly more appropriate as he sighed in annoyance,
"Since when are you so responsible"

"Shut up you dickhead,"
Jeongguk said while gently running his own hand through Jimin's hair.
His words and his touch were quite contradictory. An outsider might even argue that Jeongguk's action was endearingly soft.

"First of all," the younger proceeded to talk, dropping his hand to his side, "what happens in this room stays in this room. This obviously applies to my room as well"

Upon hearing this, Jimin crossed his arms in front of his chest. His lips were forming a pout.

"But I need to have at least one person to spill the tea with"

Jeongguk tried really hard but he just couldn't hold back a small chuckle. He found it hilarious how Jimin referred to their weird situation as tea. Yes, it was indeed pretty messy but the older ones whining made it so funny. He smirked and replied,
"Well, you got to use me for that from now on"

Before Jimin could reply, Jeongguk continued a bit more composed than before,
"Secondly, we're just doing what you're comfortable with, Peach. I won't do anything without your consent"

Silence filled the room as Jimin opened his mouth and closed it again. All of the snarky remarks that usually came so easily to him had vanished.

"And thirdly, thank you. Just," Jeongguk avoided to look into the smaller's eyes, clearing his throath, as he hesitated to voice his thoughts,
"I know we're not exactly on good terms so thank you for caring"

Deep down Jimin knew that Jeongguk wasn't a bad person at all. Nevertheless, he was still baffled at how considerate he treated him .

To get rid of the akwardness between them, the taller asked with his head slightly tilted,
"Do you wanna add anything?"

"Will you kiss me now?"

Yes, Jimin got impatient. How can he not when Jeongguk is acting all caring and dominant and hot.

"I thought I can do whatever I want with you,"
Jeongguk smirked and bravely placed his hand on the other's neck. His thumb was tracing Jimin's jawline.

"Shut up. I can see your gaze on my lips, you know?"
Jimin stated blunty as he pulled the taller one closer and down by his shirt at the same time.

Just when their faces were barely an inch apart, Jeongguk let out a playful huff.

"Asshole,"
with that, Jimin connected their lips eagerly.
Jeongguk immediately reciprocated the kiss and gosh, he had missed these plump lips pressing against his own.

Jimin struggled to pull Jeongguk even closer since he was still standing in front of him and
the taller one's s back was uncomfortably bent.

"Are you trying to break my back or what?"

Jimin parted from Jeongguk for a second just to roll his eyes and respond,
"then sit down you little whiny bitch"

×

Heyy, how are yall?
I don't know if I will be able to regularly update this story in the next few weeks because of studying (let's pray I won't die TT). I'll still try, I swear, but it's gonna be hard.
Also, I am in L O V E with Take Two, another MASTERPIECE FR
I hope you have a great day,
love you<33