CHAPTER 8

💿 YOUTH - Troye Sivan

×

It was six in the morning when Hyeonju woke up in the to use the restroom. She had also planned on going downstairs to grab a glass of water but when she saw light shining through the gap at the bottom of her son's bedroom door, she decided to take a closer look and silently opened Jeongguk's door.
Hyeonju didnt expect to see someone else than her son in the bed at all.
Laying there was Jimin, the boy she saw growing up with her own eyes.

She smiled knowingly and decided to turn the bedside lamp off so Jimin wouldn't wake up.
Afterwards, she made her way out of Jeongguk's room again and down the stairs.

The first thing she saw as she walked into the living room was Jeongguk himself sleeping peacefully on the couch with tousled hair with his car and front door keys sprawled out beside him. The TV was actually turned on but the channel had been muted. Hyeonju walked over to the boy and covered him with a soft blanket after putting the keys on the coffee table. He looked so innocent when asleep.

She actually knew that her son had been struggling quite a bit. It's not like he had told her but since his grandfather had died a few years ago he's been suffering a lot.
So seeing him sleep peacefully made her feel relieved.

Jeongguk wasn't the type of person to show his emotions ever since he was in middle school. His grandfather had been, and still was a very important part of his life so his death hurt him to an extent that he decided to shut himself off. She could see that it was getting better in the past year but she knew that Jeongguk still grieved a lot.

With a sleepy smile, Hyeonju headed to the kitchen to pour herself a glass of water and gulped it down quickly before refilling it and taking it upstairs with her.

---

"Would you hurry up?" Jimin whined and pulled at Jeongguks sleeve to get him out of the bathroom. Jeongguk just ignored him and whispered, careful to not wake up his family, "Hey, fun thing, I said the exact same thing to you yesterday!"

"But I was actually trying to hurry up! You don't even need to get ready, it's not like anyone will see you on the way there," Jimin pouted and continued to pull at the shirt. Jeongguk let out an exasperated sigh after spraying some cologne on his neck, making Jimin cough.
Finally Jeongguk decided he was ready to go and they went outside to his car. It was
7:25 am and both of them were quite tired. The two would've preferred to just continue sleeping but of course Jimin had to go back to his oh so great sleep over party which was almost over anyway. Jimin had slept very well in Jeongguk's bed but he would never admit it. The younger's bed just had smelt so good, it took him far too long to stand up, for his own taste.

"Remember when you mentioned pork belly yesterday?" Jeongguk teased him as he tapped on the steering wheel to the beat of a song playing on the radio. Jimin groaned and answered sarcastically, "Oh, did I? I don't recall mentioning it"

"Yeah sure. Anyway, let's order some take-out after your weird party thingy is done," Jeongguk decided, ignoring what Jimin had said before.
You know, Jimin and Jeongguk really couldn't stand each other but when it came to food-
who would say no to pork belly? Exactly. No one.

"Fine, I'm a man of my words so you're gonna get your pork belly," Jimin gave in and huffed out loud. The other just smiled, satisfied with Jimin's answer. Jeongguk truly loved to eat, he could eat all day.

As soon as the car stopped, Jimin swung the door open and stepped out of the car. Without looking back, he raised his hand and gave Jeongguk some kind of salute while he walked towards the youth center and yelled sassily, "See you later, Bigfoot"

"See you later, Peach," Jeongguk murmured headed to a local coffee shop to grab an iced americano. He thought that driving back home wouldn't be worth it since he had to pick Jimin up again anyway.

Meanwhile, the other boy made his way into the building and was surprised when he could actually open the door by himself.

They must've opened it this morning.

Nevertheless, Jimin stepped into the big room where all the children were up already, including Yoongi and the adults. He walked over to his best friend and hid his hands in the sleeves of Jeongguk's hoodie before tapping on his shoulder and greeting him awkwardly, "Hey, I'm back. I wasn't feeling well earlier so I went for a walk but now I'm fine again"

"We all were wondering where you've been, Jimin. You usually text me before dissappearing so I was really worried," Yoongi said and gave the boy a friendly side hug. Now Jimin felt guilty. He didn't mean to make Yoongi worried.
Jimin pulled him into an affectionate hug. He had thought about telling Yoongi the truth but actually, it wasn't that important so he just didn't mention it.

"Now come on, we were about to eat breakfast," Yoongi said and dragged Jimin to a large table. He didn't really feel like eating so he grabbed a green apple and took a bite of it. He already had a coffee before leaving the Jeon's place so Jimin didn't bother to drink another one. When he eyed Yoongi, he could see the older talking an elderly woman. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, and Jimin kind of felt left out. He felt kind of useless there.
Maybe I'm just overthinking again.

After he finished eating his apple, he went to the trash can and threw the rest piece into it. Then, he went to his sleeping back and rummaged in his bag to look for his clothes and went to the toilet to change into his jeans. Jimin left the hoodie on and looked into the mirror. His eye looked like he hadn't slept in ages. So he put his hair into a little bun before he opened the tap, letting the water run. Then he held his hands under the stream and captured some to splash it into his face. He figured that it didn't help much when he looked up again and saw himself in the mirror, still looking so, so done.

×

Slay I guess.
Hello people.
I ended this chapter with an indeed very much relatable Jimin.
Also, I just wanted to say once again, don't be shy to interact. It's very fun to communicate and share thoughts with you so yeah :]
Purple you<33