CHAPTER 45

💿 Hey Stupid, I Love You - JP Saxe

×

As he was called, Jeongguk immediately took two steps back, acting nonchalant, as if Taehyung wouldn't have almost caught them. He didn't even care about it anymore but he did it for Jimin's sake.

When Taehyung halted in front of them he observed his brother first, then his gaze moved to Jeongguk with a raised eyebrow.

"Uhm, hey?"
Jimin smiled a lopsided smile as he awkwardly straightened up.

"Long time no see, I missed you,"
Taehyung responded, ignoring the obvious tension. He was sure he could have cut it with a knife.

While the brothers hugged and caught up a bit, Jeongguk busied himself with pouring a glass of water for Jimin.

"Where were you?"
Jeongguk casually asked, joining them and extending his arm for Jimin to take the glass out of his hand.
Taehyung noticed the small gesture but he didn't mention it.

"I had some chicken and beer with Jin, Hobi and some other friends of theirs"

"Oh, Hobi told me about it during dance practice,"
Jimin smiled at his brother.

"I thought he majored in dance,"
Jeongguk stated because he knew for a fact that Jimin minored in dance. Even though it kind of was none of his business.

"Yeah, but we still share some classes,"
Jimin explained, confused as to why Jeongguk was so curious about it.

The latter just hummed in response, brows furrowed.

"Since I'm awake now I may as well take a shower. See you later,"
Jeongguk hurriedly bid his goodbye with a straight face, walking towards the bathroom.

"He's acting weird,"
Taehyung pointed out and followed him with his gaze. However, the other brushed it off,
"He always does"

You see, Jeongguk wasn't jealous. He just realized how he hardly knew anything about Jimin's life outside of their homes. Or rather how much he missed out. And it annoyed him that he couldn't just simply talk with Jimin about things like that. All his life, he happened to know all the little things about Jimin because heard it from others, not because the other decided to tell him about it.

While Jeongguk took a long shower, Taehyung showed his brother around the apartment, leaving his best friend's room out because of privacy reasons, as well as the bathroom that was obviously occupied at that moment.

Not that Jimin would see anything he hadn't seen before multiple times.

At this point it was clear that Jimin would be sleeping over so he started to get ready for bed, borrowing Taehyung's clothes. He also wanted to wash his face quickly so he went to the bathroom. However, before entering, he quieted down, trying to hear whether the water was still running or not.
Fortunately, it wasn't so he stepped into the room. But, of course, Jimin wouldn't be this lucky.

Jeongguk was standing at the sink doing something that looked like his skin care.
He silently entered the room further, making his presence known by clearing his throat awkwardly.

"Do you have classes in the morning?"
Jeongguk asked when he noticed the new presence in the room. Said presence was a bit distracted because he hadn't seen that body in three weeks and Jeongguk was standing there with just a towel hanging low around his waist, tattoos full on display. Gosh, how Jimin had missed this.
Whatever this was.

"I only have morning classes on Wednesdays and Tuesdays, so no,"
Jimin answered, even if a bit delayed.

The taller hummed in response, hesitantly looking Jimin in the eye through the mirror, before asking another question,
"How did the first weeks of school go for you?"

"Surprisingly well. I met new friends and my professors are pretty chill, except for one,"
Jimin answered with a groan at the end and Jeongguk asked him to elaborate. That's how their conversation went on. It was easier than Jeongguk had thought it would be.

"Oh, oh! You know my roommate, Kim Jiwoong, right? Why didn't you mention it?"
Jimin asked while drying his face with a towel before gently slapping the other's bare chest with it.

"I wanted to but I was interrupted before I could say anything. I thought you would find out eventually,"
Jeongguk told him with a teasing smirk on his face.

And Jimin would've barked back if he wasn't so distracted by the taller's smell. He hadn't even realized how intimate and domestic this situation was until now. It was probably his aftershave or his shampoo or-

"Are you gonna sleep in Taehyung's room or-

"Yeah"

"Yes, yes, sure. Yeah, Of course. His room,"
Jeongguk rambled while sheepishly scratching the back of his head.

"I'm gonna," he stopped mid-sentence, pointing in the direction of the open door,
"go now, good night,"

"Good night, Gguk"

The usage of this nickname and the way Jimin had said it made his heart flutter and his face flush. He was starting to get used to this feeling.

---

It probably was the seventh time that Jimin had woken up. Taehyung was literally snoring right beside him the whole time and it felt like every single snore was mocking him.
He had enough.

Knowing that Taehyung would wake up earlier than him since he had morning classes, Jimin knew that he had to make it seem like he had left already. He carefully stood up and walked to the kitchen with the flashlight of his phone. After rummaging through the kitchen drawers, he soon found sticky notes and a pen to write down a short message, saying 'had to leave already. have a great day :)' before walking back into Taehyung's room and leaving it on the nightstand.

Then he exited the room once again, not without closing the door and walked to the room next to it. Was it risky? Yes. But he really needed to sleep well at least for a few hours.
It has been a while...

When Jimin closed the door behind him, he couldn't see anything at first. He slowly groped his way through the dark until he reached the bed and grabbed the covers to slip under them and beside the other man. To his luck, there was plenty of space since Jeongguk was laying more on the right side of the bed.

As soon as Jimin moved closer to him, Jeongguk shifted under the blanket, slowly waking up as he turned his body to Jimin. Said moved until his head was met with Jeongguk's chest. Immediately, warm arms embraced him and pulled him even closer.

"Baby,"
Jeongguk murmured in his husky voice, oblivious to the word that had just left his mouth. However, this time Jimin didn't want to question it.
Because it felt right.

---

It was past 7 am and Taehyung was already standing in the kitchen, drinking a cup of coffee before he would have to leave for his morning lecture. He had woken up without Jimin beside him and was confused at first, but then he found a small sticky note on his nightstand. It was a bit weird that Jimin had left earlier than him, considering he didn't have any morning classes but he didn't pay much mind to it.

After placing his empty cup in the sink, Taehyung fetched his backpack from the couch and walked into the hallway that led to the front door. He quickly put on his coat and looked for his shoes in the rather dimly lit room. There was an extra pair of shoes standing between Jeongguk's and Taehyung's usual ones.

Jimin's shoes were still there.

×

Wow, I didn't even realize that I haven't been here for so long until Wattpad decided to log me out💀.
ANYWAYS, hey how are yall doing?
I'm terribly busy right now and the only thing that makes it bearable is that I LOVE this time of the year. I recommend reading the previous chapter so this doesn't feel too much out of context.
Hope you enjoyed reading!
Love yall<3