CHAPTER 48

💿 Love Like This - ZAYN

×

"Jimin, you're here!"
Taehyung said excitedly as he spotted Jimin in the livingroom. He was sitting on the couch while Jeongguk was standing in the kitchen, cooking something that smelled like bibimbap.

"Hey, I just arrived here,"
Jimin greeted him. He was indeed still wearing his jacket and a scarf as it was getting colder everyday, seemingly exhausted and all over the place. Yet, what Taehyung didn't know was that he did in fact not just arrive at their appartment a few minutes ago.

He had been pulled into the appartment by his scarf, lips meeting in between. What followed was a passionate ten-minute make out session with a lot of touching and groaning. He was barely able to sit down on the couch, out of breath, before the front door had opened.

"Are you joining us tonight?"
Taehyung asked joyfully as he took off his coat.

"That's why I'm here,"
Jimin explained. His brother wanted to say something inappropriate like 'you sure that's the only reason you're here?' or 'oh, not to fuck Jeongguk like usual?' but managed to keep these comments to himself.

"Awesome. Earlier, I also asked Jongin if he was free and wanted to join us but he said his schedule wouldn't let him,"
Taehyung mentioned with a pout on his face.
Jongin and him had met up a few more times without Jimin and it was clear to them that both wanted more than just friendship. Given that Jongin was an extremely busy person, it was difficult spending time with each other and going out on dates however, they were convinced that, with a lot of texting and facetiming, they would actually make it work.

"How many people are coming?"
Jimin asked as he also slipped out of his coat. Taehyung didn't bother to go into the kitchen as he shouted,
"Jeongguk?"

"Hm?"

"Who is coming?"

"My brother, Jin, Hoseok, maybe Yoongi when Hoseok will be able to convince him,"
he shouted back as he was still stirring ingredients in the frying pan while the others were lounging in the livingroom.

Yoongi didn't even tell me, that traitor.

---

An hour had passed since Taehyung had arrived at home and they were now setting the table, Jeongguk placing a big bowl full of bibimbap, waiting to be stirred, in the center of the table and pulling the oven mitts off his hands.

Soon their friends arrived and they all sat down. Laughter and cheers filled the room as the first bottle of soju was empty.

"Here you go,"
Seokjin muttered as he placed a peeled off perilla leaf on Jimin's plate. He simply thanked him and ate it with some of his bibimbap. Jeongguk stopped in his movements. He was not having it.

Taehyung who had observed the whole situation, decided it was time to tease Jeongguk.
"Hey, you seem kind of bothered. Here,"
he peeled off a perilla leaf just like Jin had done and was about to put it on Jeongguk's plate but just before doing that, he paused.

"Oh, you know what? Forget about it. You seem to not like it, do you?"
He said it with a mocking undertone as he watched Jimin eat before staring straight into Jeongguk's eyes.

"I can do it myself, I don't think you need help for that,"
Jeongguk answered sternly, his eyes darkened. He quickly realized that Taehyung was onto something.

"Oh, I'm sure you can do that, big boy"
When Taehyung was about to reach for his hair and ruffle it, his best friend quickly slapped his hand away.

Jeongguk was about to reply something nasty back at his best friend, when he heard his own name being dropped in a conversation at the head of the table.
"I never know where Jeongguk is"

It was Jin who had spoken. It seemed to be an innocent statement. However, the glint in Taehyung's eyes screamed trouble. He joined in the conversation with an eye roll.
"Yeah, it's like he's hiding something from us or whatever"
They all laugh amusedly, familiar with the description. Even Jimin couldn't hold back his laughter.

Jeongguk, on the other hand, was dead silent. It reminded him of the day they had moved in when Taehyung had insisted that there shouldn't be any secrets anymore between them. And then he had told him about Jimin.
When his gaze met Taehyung's, said tsked into his direction knowingly.

What had been planned as a friendly gathering, quickly turned into an exciting evening, everyone sharing their funny and embarrassing stories under the influence of alcohol. It was getting later than they had thought it would and everyone was more or less tipsy. So when Taehyung suggested that they could stay the night, they all cheerfully agreed. Jeongguk, however, was a bit confused as to how it would be possible for all of them to sleep over if there's not enough space.
"How will everyone fit though? We don't have enough beds"

"Don't worry Gguk, we can make it fit. Jimin, why don't you sleep in Jeongguk's bed? It wouldn't be the first time, would it?"

There was a mix between surprised noices and suggestive laughter coming from their friends yet Jeongguk didn't pay any mind to it, his gaze fixated on Taehyung. Taehyung was staring back.
There was one thing he knew for sure now.

Taehyung knows. He knows.

"Taehyung,"
Jeongguk warned, even though his best friend couldn't know what he was warning about because he didn't know that Jeongguk knew.

"On Crete, you two shared a bed on the first night, right?"
Namjoon jumped in as if he was a paid actor for Taehyung. It seemed like that because he kind of knew that something was going on between them after spotting them in the kitchen. Maybe he was trying to save their asses or, well, maybe he was straight up exposing them.

"We had no other choice,"
Jimin mumbled before sheepishly taking a sip of his glass.

"Anyway, two can sleep on my bed, another two or three in Jeongguk's room and you can pull out the couch to make it into a guest bed,"
his brother elaborated, quickly changing the topic.

They eventually decided that Jin and Taehyung would sleep in one bed, Hoseok and Yoongi would sleep on the couch and because Jeongguk had another couch in his room Jimin, Namjoon and him would sleep there.

Later, when Taehyung had stood up from his chair after a while to get a drink, Jeongguk excused himself as well and followed his best friend into the kitchen. The boy had opened the fridge door so he didn't spot Jeongguk at first. Only when the brunette started talking, making his presence known.

"Look, I know what you're doing and I'd like you to stop"

Taehyung slowly closed the door, with a beer in his other hand, to face his best friend, speaking to him in a sarcastically mocking tone,
"What, you're scared I'll tell Jimin?"

"Tell me what?"

Jimin's voice was suddenly filling the space as he asked in disbelief. Even then, they weren't looking at him. They maintained eye contact and Taehyung daringly raised an eyebrow at Jeongguk. The brunette knew that his best friend wasn't talking about the fact that they were fucking but about his feelings.
"Don't"

"You're fucking"

Silence. Dead silence.

"Taehyung, why would you think something like that-"
Jimin tried but he was cut off rather quickly by an exasperated Taehyung.

"Oh hell no. Don't play dumb again, I've had enough of this. I've been patient, you know?"

When Jeongguk heard this he sighed and slowly turned to face Jimin.
"Jimin, it's too late, he knows"

×

Heyy :)
I'm a bit late but happy new year!!
I hope you all got to start the new year with your dearest people and stay happy and healthy this year!
Sooo, a lot kind of happened in this chapter, right?
I thought it would be funny to bring in the perilla leaf discussion they had a while ago.
I hope you liked this chapter,
love yall<33