CHAPTER 44

💿 Talk - Why Don't We

×

It happened three weeks after school had started.

During the first weeks of school, Jimin didn't dare to visit his brother and Jeongguk in their apartment. He felt lonely at times, seeing Taehyung only through his phone screen during their late-night video calls. Or without seeing his parents every day. But having a roommate made it slightly easier.

To his surprise, Jiwoong was a dream of a roommate. He was cleaning after him and helping him out wherever he could without making Jimin feel like he was inferior to him because of their gap in experience.

As a gay male, Jimin could confidently assure you that Kim Jiwoong was the definition of boyfriend material. However, he didn't see him that way. In fact, even if he wanted to see him that way, he wasn't able to because whenever his mind went in this kind of direction, someone else popped up in his head. Someone he was missing. A lot. But his pride wouldn't let him call or text first because that would be too pushy, wouldn't it?

Sleeping was hard because Jimin either thought about him or missed his touch. Or both.

Plus, his marketing professor had been making his life a living hell. When he had been late on the first day of university, Mr. Yang had made him sit right in front of his desk and hadn't let go of him ever since. Always asking him questions and using him to illustrate an example.
Thankfully, he only had one lecture on this subject per week, every Wednesday.

It had been a long day, another exhausting Wednesday, and Jimin, once again, wasn't able to fall asleep. He desperately craved any kind of touch from Jeongguk.

The way his toned arms wrapped around his waist, large hands gently caressing his hipbone, his thumb moving up and down in a way that calmed him down immediately. Or his warm chest where liked to rest his head on. He would be able to hear his soothing heartbeat, making him feel at home. His moles. Especially, the mole under his lips he desperately wanted to kiss each time they were making out, holding back for his own sake. The way his eyebrows attentively raised or furrowed when he tried to decipher how Jimin was feeling about something-

Maybe it wasn't just his touch Jimin was missing.

If he was being honest, it was quite scary. Feeling so many things and having nothing at the same time.

Especially because he didn't know whether Jeongguk also had trouble falling asleep or having his head spin from so many unanswered questions.

Maybe Jeongguk was dealing just fine with it. Spoiler alert, he wasn't. Not at all. But Jimin couldn't possibly know that, how would he?

He really thought he could endure it, the lack of sleep and everything that came with it. But it took such a big toll on him, he really had to see Jeongguk.

So he put his pride aside and texted him first.

'can I come over?'

'I'm busy'

'it's past 2 am'

'so?'

'fuck you.'

Jimin groaned and rolled around in his bed, not too loud to wake Jiwoong, though. It was just so frustrating. But who was he to give a fuck when it came to Jeongguk? He could do whatever he wanted and Jeongguk had to live with it.

With that thought in mind, Jimin abruptly stood up and grabbed his key card and his phone before quietly leaving the room.

It was a ten-minute walk from the dorms to their apartment complex so it didn't take long for him to arrive. To his confusion, the door was open so he just entered, immediately heading to the elevator. He didn't feel like walking up the stairs all the way to the seventh floor, where their apartment was located.

Finally standing in front of the apartment, he rang the doorbell. However, when the door opened, he couldn't see anyone.
He could only hear Jeongguk's husky voice and footsteps that were quickly fading,
"Next time don't forget your key card, I was trying to sleep"

Okay, he thinks I'm Tae, got it.

When he heard Jeongguk's annoyed tone, he didn't dare to cross the doorstep. He knew he had to say something. However, his heartbeat was increasing and his mouth was getting dry. He somehow managed to get these few words out of his mouth.

"Don't be mad"

Suddenly the footsteps halted. It only took one second before Jimin could hear them again. But this time they were getting louder and louder and before he knew it, the door was yanked open by Jeongguk.

"What the fuck are you doing here?"
he said, his voice low and his gaze stern.

"I said don't be mad," Jimin complained.

Jeongguk's hand movements were increasing as he seemed to be genuinely upset about it,
"Too late. How did you get here?"

"I walked?"
Jimin stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Are you out of your fucking mind?"

Yes, I am and it's your fucking fault.

"Are you cold? For fucks sake, come in here now,"
Jeongguk said frustratedly and grabbed Jimin by his wrist and dragged him into the hallway of the apartment.

He only let go of him when they had arrived in the living room. Jeongguk was facing him, staring him down, and then cupped his cheeks with both hands, thumbs gently running over them. He was looking for any signs of discomfort in Jimin's face, even moving his hair out of the way, before sighing in relief and hugging him.
"Thank god,"
he muttered against his shoulder.

Jimin basically melted into the hug, his body relaxing as soon as he smelled the familiar scent.

"I would've picked you up if you'd told me,"
Jeongguk mumbled, feeling calmed down by just having him in his arms. Which was quite concerning, if you asked him.

"You literally said you're busy,"
Jimin grumbled, squeezing the other's bicep to reinforce his words.

"You know I would've done it regardless,"
Jeongguk stated and silence surrounded them. Because they both knew he was right. And it was kind of scary to think about how it has always been like that, even in times when they only communicated with scowls.

After just hugging for a few minutes, Jimin's head remained pressed against Jeongguk's chest as he spoke up again,
"What were you doing anyways?"

"Trying to sleep," Jeongguk groaned softly and took a step back before asking while still holding Jimin,
"Why are you here?"

"Trying to sleep,"
Jimin smiled when the taller gave him a knowing look. Both boys had had trouble falling asleep and they were glad to hear that they weren't the only ones.

While still holding Jimin in his arms, he led them to the kitchen and caged him against the counter in a surprisingly innocent way, given their relationship had been based on sexual tension. Now it wasn't that easy anymore.

"Are you cold? Hungry? I can make you food or a cup of tea,"
Jeongguk asked, his attentive gaze fully concentrated on the blonde, who was calmingly running his hand through the brunette's hair. Said leaned into the touch, feeling comfortable with the other.

"Nah, I'm fine. But I'd like some water, sparkling"
Jimin replied, yawning mid-sentence. Jeongguk's presence made him feel even more relaxed than before and now he was extremely tired.

"M'kay," the other mumbled against his lips before placing a soft peck on them.

"Jeongguk, why was the front door open?"
they suddenly heard someone shout, entering the kitchen. Someone as in Taehyung.

×

Hey guys,
there's probably not gonna be more than one other update in the following 3 weeks because I'm so busy I literally have to do 5 things at the same time.
Don't get me wrong, I really do love this story but I'm neither getting time to write nor to just relax. I feel like I'm not my own person anymore and writing usually helps me reflect but now that I have no time for it, life's getting really hard.
I will try to finish this story by New Year's, it's probably gonna take a bit longer anyway.
Love yall<3
And stream Golden!!