CHAPTER 15

💿 Ring The Alarm - KARD

×

After that shaving cream incident and another one where Jimin had thrown a 5 in 1 body wash against Jeongguk's head, Namjoon had forbidden them to sit at the same table or even be in the same room unless necessary.

So the situation they found themselves in was not to their satisfaction at all.

The two families had gathered just after having eaten breakfast. They needed to discuss, to plan their activities and who would be doing the errands.
All they had left were two water bottles and one crusty cheese sandwich which no one dared to touch.
It was far too hot, Jimin felt himself melting away because of the increasing heat. All of them were wearing their shortest attire of clothing, the weather was unbearable.
And now, the problem was, someone had to go grocery shopping and walk all the way to a store in this heat since there was no bus connection. Not a single one wanted to go.

"How about two of us run the errands? The others could enjoy the day at the beach and the two of them can join later. We would just have to draw lots to choose who will be doing them, ”
Namjoon suggested, sounding all wise and mature. The idea was great, only if you're not losing tho.
There was just one problem.
Sanghun had cought a cold over night because of the air conditioning in their hotel room and he was a crybaby when sick. Someone had to stay with him at the hotel or else the man would drown in self-pity.

"Dad needs someone to look after him so I would say we take a paper and rip it seven small pieces. Four of them will have a circle on it which means you can go to the beach straight away. Two pieces will be marked with a cross which means you have to run the errands and if you get the triangle you are obligated to stay here with Dad,"
Namjoon explains and received a glare from his Dad, following nods from all the others thinking it was a good idea.

However, what he never expected was that they would end up with Jimin and Jeongguk having to buy the groceries.

It was going all well, Miyeong, Eunju, Taehyung and he himself drew the four circles
while Jimin and Hyeonju drew crosses to their disappointment. His younger brother had drawn the triangle and could have enjoyed the pleasure of being lazy on his bed all day and watching after Sanghun if it wasn't for his mother.
Obviously Hyeonju was not excited at all when she found out she had to walk to the grocery store so she stated,
"I think I should stay with my husband. Besides, Jimin would for sure like it more to have a friend around".

This left the four boys extremely conflicted.
If Jimin and Jeongguk told their parents they couldnt stand each other, they would probably be very disappointed.
But both of them running errands would probably end with them fighting rather than buying groceries.

When the smaller looked at Jeongguk he noticed that Jeongguk's eyes were already directed at him. They only had to exchange one look to know what their next move would be.

One was people pleaser and one had crippling anxiety so of course-

"Yeah, great idea. Me and Gguk will go together,"
Jimin spoke with a fake smile on his face. Jeongguk nodded in agreement and went to stand beside the other, accepting his misery with an eye roll that nobody seemed to notice.

Now, the two of them were on their way to the nearest store. What made it complicated though was that the nearest store just wasn't near at all.
So they walked all the way down a hill and even further away to a small village. There were only a few houses and no people to be seen in said village.
Jimin had been whining the whole duration of the walk while Jeongguk told him to shut up. A lot of times.
Jimin didn't like to listen though. The taller felt insanely distressed.