CHAPTER 6

💿 I Like Me Better - Lauv

×

"Would you hurry up? I can't believe I'm wasting my time for this," Jeongguk shouted annoyedly while he leaned against the door of his jeep. Since the Parks left their windows open on warm summer days, Jimin could hear each word and cursed under his breath while he grabbed his bag for the night. Whereas the latter was sulking, Jimin stumbled down the stairs as he put on his socks. He had mastered this over the years and you could say he was quite proud of it.

"Shut up, I'm coming already!" the smaller shouted back at Jeongguk and grabbed his jacket that was placed over the back of the sofa in their living room before walking out the door as he bid a goodbye to his cat, Minju.

"Finally you brat", Jeongguk sighed in relief and opened his car door to sit on the driver's seat. Jimin hurried to the trunk and put his bag into it before walking to the other side of the car and sitting down on the passenger seat. As he was fastening his seat belt, he said, "Greetings from my mum I guess. She made you some baked goods"

"Oh tell her I said thank you. Hold on, which one are we talking about? Eunju or Miyeong?" Jeongguk said excitedly while grabbing the small box of cookies from the latter and Jimin answered, "Eunju baked them. She felt guilty since she doesn't have a driver's license"

"You two have something in common there"

"Oh well, I did not know that. Thank you for reminding me!", Jimin said sarcastically and emphasized each word with a hit on Jeongguks arm. Jeongguk hissed and groaned, "Go away with that kitty paws of yours!" just to get hit again.

"Now shut up and drive," Jimin ignored what the taller had said and looked out of the window.

"Did you just quote Rihanna?," Jeongguk said in confusion and a hint of amusement. Jimin could feel his gaze on him.

"I did?" he answered genuinely while looking at a plane in the sky. The latter just hummed in agreement and started the engine.

The way to the youth center was a short ride but time somehow seemed to pass so slowly with the silence between the two young adults. A soft tune from the ninetees playing on the radio was filling the small space. Jeongguk was unconciously humming along with his honey voice and Jimin was staring at the steering wheel or more like staring at Jeongguk's hands moving it.

When they had arrived, Jeongguk got out of the car and opened the trunk. Jimin followed him quietly, feeling the awkward atmosphere. As soon as the blonde was in Jeongguk's sight, he threw the bag in his direction. Caught off guard, Jimin almost couldn't catch it and stared daggers at the taller afterwards.

"Now go or do I have to accompany you inside too?" Jeongguk said coldly and leaned at his car again while pulling out a box of cigarettes. He took one of the deathsticks out of said box and lit it up with a lighter. Jimin felt like this was his sign to go since Jeongguk knew Jimin didnt like smoke at all.

"You stink," Jimin murmured before walking his way to the door of the youth center. This made Jeongguks face twitch as he answered, "Hey, I heard that!"

The smaller couldnt fight the small smile of victory appearing on his face.

-----

"No Juwon, you are not supposed to eat dish soap!" Jimin whined when a second grader thought it was a great idea to nibble on a bottle of said dish soap. He fetched it from him and put it as far away from him as possible.

"But it smelled so good!" Jiwon whined back at him and pouted. Jimin sighed and pushed his hair out of his face before answering, "Some things that smell good don't necessarily taste good."

"So you do agree that it smells good,"
the boy said with a cheeky smirk plastered on his face.

At this point, Jimin wanted to rip his head off and flee the country.
They were baking cookies, he didn't even know how that kid found the dish soap.

As he continued to roll out cookie dough he said, "That's not the point!"

"What about things that smell bad but don't necessarily taste bad?" he asked ignoring Jimin's distress. Jimin stopped rolling out the cookie dough once again and put his palms that were covered with flour on his head as he responded in a calm and dangerous voice, "Could you please just take your cookie cutters and behave like a normal child?"

"Fine, you old man", Jiwon murmured and walked away before Jimin could react to what left his small mouth. Freedom.

"Hey, do you know where Yoongi went?" Jimin asked one of the women that were actually supposed to take care of the children but decided to do the exact opposite. The woman just shrugged her shoulders and turned around again with a glass of wine placed in her hand to join the other adults.

"You're welcome, Jia! You look like a princess now," he suddenly heard someone say. It sounded a lot like Yoongi and when Jimin turned around he was actually there.

Yoongi was sitting on a chair between all those young children baking cookies with a girl with two pretty ponytails, probably Jia, sitting on his lap while she smiled at him.

Jimin felt like he was trapped in a fever dream.

As the blonde walked towards them, Yoongi lifted her off his lap and she ran to her other friends. Jimin was indeed baffled by the picture that had been in front of him just seconds ago when he stated, "I thought you cannot stand children?!"

"Oh yeah, I hate them. Absolutely. I just know how to handle them," Yoongi answered and shrugged his shoulders after standing up and helping the kids with their tray full of cookies.
How come he has never seen his best friend interacting with small kids?

Well, Jimin had actually dragged him into this. He didn't want to live through this horrible experience alone again so he convinced Yoongi with a lot of pork belly and beer to join his misery. And no one would say no to pork belly.
Now they were both stuck with too many kids and the adults ignored their existence. Jimin thought this day couldn't get any worse.

-----

"Can I sleep next to you?" Jiwon asked Jimin while he spread out his sleeping bag on the floor. Jimin just nodded and sat down on his own. He didn't have any energy for this conversation after watching two movies. These kids couldn't keep their mouths shut. At all.

Turns out he made a big mistake by allowing Jiwon to sleep there. The kid suddenly started to talk.
Jimin was half asleep and thought the boy was talking to him. However, as Jimin answered, Jiwon just continued to talk about his love for horses. He had a conversation with himself and when Jimin opened his eyes he realized that the boy was fast asleep. Talking in his sleep.
He tried to cover his ears with his cushion and closed his eyes again but Jiwon just did not stop.

It went on like this for hours before Jimin couldn't take it anymore. He grabbed his phone and made his way out of the room to the front door.

×

Heyy, how are yall?
Just checking on all the jk obsessed people because TF JK × CALVIN KLEIN!!! Yep, we all are gonna die together.
I LOVE love this chapter in combination with the next one so I'm excited to upload it!
Purple you<33