CHAPTER 46

💿 Bad Liar - Selena Gomez

×

Taehyung walked back into the apartment, speeding up each second, as he opened each and every door, thoroughly looking through all the rooms just to find them empty.
There was one room left.

But it couldn't be, right? Like why would he be in there?

Nonetheless, he opened the only door that was left and peeked inside the room. When he still couldn't see anything, he pushed the door open wider to let more light into Jeongguk's room.

There he was. There...they were.
Taehyung blankly stared at the view in front of him for at least a minute. His best friend and his brother were sleeping peacefully.
Well, it could be friendly, right?

Wrong.

The way their legs were tangled or the way Jimin's head was resting on Jeongguk's chest didn't look very much friendly.
Now what Taehyung really didn't need to see was Jeongguk's hand placed dangerously at the curve of his brother's ass.

"What did I just see?"
Taehyung mumbled to himself after he had closed the door. He was simply staring at it as if he was in a trance, his brain trying to process what he just witnessed.

It took some time for his limbs to move again
but when they did, he walked to the front door in a hurry. He put on his shoes in record time and threw the door open to leave.

It all makes sense now.

---

Taehyung wasn't mad. Not at all. He was a bit disappointed that they didn't tell him but altogether, he was doing fine. Well, he had sat through his morning lecture, not listening to one single word that his global history professor had said, because all he could think about was how dumb he actually was.
Looking back, it was so obvious.

Jimin's painted wall that obviously wasn't painted by Namjoon but by Jeongguk.

Jeongguk's toothbrush situation.

Jimin not being at home at night.

Someone answering Jeongguk's phone in the middle of the night that suspiciously sounded a lot like his brother.

Both of them being suspiciously busy.

Also, Jongin asking Jimin if he had 'acted on it' after them talking about Jeongguk and them not telling him what it all was about.
Jimin wearing clothes that looked exactly like Jeongguk's.

The whole conversation about Jeongguk seeing someone and Jeongguk not being able to tell him who it is.

The first thing Taehyung did after getting out of the university building was calling Jongin. Without even greeting him first, he asked,
"You knew about them?"

"What are you talking about"

"Jimin and Jeongguk"

"No way! I was right?"

Taehyung and Jongin had talked for a while about what had happened. The idol had clarified that he had actually just been suspicious and didn't know yet that something happened between the two.
They had also agreed on a day when they would meet up again, Jongin insisting that they would drag Jeongguk along.

Now, Taehyung didn't really know what else he should do. Nothing perhaps?
He eventually decided it would be much more fun to mess around with them until either they would tell him or he would tell them that he knew.