CHAPTER 41

💿 Give It A Week - Daniel Seavey

×

He halted for a second, his heart skipped a beat.
"No I don't"

However, Taehyung kept on insisting, pointing with his finger, eyebrows furrowed,
"But I do know that shirt. That's literally Jeongguk's shirt"

Jimin sighed, covering his face with his hands in a pathetic attempt to make himself disappear. After dragging them down his face, they proceeded to move further down as Jimin hugged his own body, hands gripping the soft fabric of his - Jeongguk's -  tee.
"No, it's Namjoon's"

He walked over to the living area and sat down on the couch, a bowl filled with ice cream in his one hand and a big spoon in the other.

Taehyung quickly followed, slumping down right next to his brother. While searching for the remote between the cushions, he casually stated,
"You're acting weird. Even weirder than usual"

"You're not the first person to tell me this today," 
Jimin replied with a tired expression while looking at the TV screen where the Netflix logo appeared. Soon, Taehyung selected a famous k-drama that was recently released and the other just watched him, taking another big spoon of chocolate ice cream into his mouth.

"Hey, you know that I wouldn't mind if it was his-"
he spoke up once again during the intro of the series, however he was cut off by Jimin rather quickly.
"Tae, don't. Not today, not right now"

After hearing this, he quieted down and just looked at the TV. He knew that this summer had been odd in many ways.
Jimin had been acting odd.
Jeongguk was busier than usual which was very odd.
He was scared that everything would change as soon as they would go to university.
They were already changing and he feared that it would break them apart.

And he knew that this was kind of unrealistic and would most likely not happen because they all were basically family and Jeongguk and him would even be living together.
But the ominous feeling was there.

---

The next three days Jimin and Jeongguk didn't fuck, didn't talk, didn't meet up, didn't text, nothing.

Jimin had a lot going on in his mind. Namjoon's words. Namjoon knowing that there was something going on between them.
Taehyung knowing that something was unusual.
Jeongguk.
A lot of Jeongguk.
He hadn't even realized how Jeongguk occupied most of his thoughts.

At this point, Jimin just hoped that Namjoon wouldn't tell anyone else about what he had found out, especially not Taehyung.
He had a feeling that his brother wouldn't react in a bad way exactly but it would end in chaos for sure.
He felt like he had to play it safe.

So distance was a good thing, right?

Not when he literally suffered from the Jeongguk drought. Especially when the brunette suddenly appeared on his doorstep at night.

"Hello, I guess?"
Jeongguk greeted him. He was holding onto the doorframe for emotional as well as physical support, trying not to jump the other right then and there.

"Okay, we're not talking, I see. To be honest, I just wanted to check up on you because you seemed to be pretty off after I left you alone with Namjoon,"
Jeongguk explained gently with a frown on his face as he slowly closed the wide gap between and stepped into Jimin's personal space.

"Don't-" Jimin shouted at first, panic audible in his voice, but then cleared his throat akwardly and started over in a more pleasant volume,
"I mean, don't come close to me"

"Why?"

When Jeongguk didn't get an answer, he stepped closer anyway. However, he was quickly stopped by the smaller's open hand on his chest.