CHAPTER 1

💿 True Love - P!nk

×

"Did you see this one girl at the party last week? her skirt was, well, questionable,"
Jimin said, thoroughly massaging his brothers shoulders. He was straddling the younger's back while the latter was lying on his stomach. The movie playing in the backround was long forgotten since both boys were immersed in their daily gossip session.
"I know right? Her skirt was scandalous. Pink and red combined? I felt sorry for the gazes she got but I - as a fashionista - freaked out at the sight."
Taehyung answered Jimin in an exaggerated way while glancing at his phone from time to time.
They both were lounging in Taehyungs room, the sunset giving it a peachy tint.

Tae and Jimin were both adopted which meant they werent blood related but their bond was just as strong. Especially since they were born in the same year and went through every stage of life together, they've never had any kind of lack in their lives. Both of them felt so lucky to grow up in such an loving and accepting family with two mothers and one pretty feisty cat. Their personalities were completely different but it somehow worked for them.
Even though they had different friend groups and little arguments from time to time, at the end of the day they still got together to cuddle like they had done in their childhood.

However, it seemed like this day would be different.

When their conversation died down Taehyung looked up from his phone which he was holding in his hands and asked his brother,
"Uhm, Jeongguk would come over in a few, is that fine with you?"

“You know very well that we can't stand each other, why are you asking such a question if you already know the answer to it?" said jimin while looking at taehyung dumbfoundedly before continuing to speak,
,,well, as long as he's not in the same room as me i'm fine with it but as soon as he annoys me, i'll kick him out."

"You know that I love you and all that, but I really don't understand what you have against each other,"
Tae said nonchalantly, resting his head on Jimins stomach.

The next day would be their last day of senior high before summer holidays would begin and Jimin knew this only meant that Jeongguk would be at their home more often. Upon thinking of it, he wanted to puke.

"As if you don't know the way he acts with me but yeah, otherwise I don't really know why. It's just always been like that,"
the older one answered and shrugged his shoulders knowing damn well that it's not the truth.
To him, Jeongguk would always be the idiot who had been the reason for him to fall off his carrier when he had taken a too sharp curve with his bike in elementary school. Jimin broke his arm that day and Jeongguk used the opportunity to draw ugly things on the GIPS while he had been asleep.

"I hate him,
he hates me.
It's been this way all our lives. Why should something suddenly change?"
Jimin asked him and rolled my eyes, not believing that it would be any different this time.

"You know what? Don't even answer that, I don't wanna talk about him. Maybe I'll go over to Yoongis later. I don't wanna see Jeongguks face,"
I continued and when I saw Taehyung trying to protest, I quickly left the room, fleeing Taehyungs bewildered gaze.

Just when Jimin reached the front door to leave for his best friends - Yoongis - place, he heard someone clear their throat. He exactly knew who it was so he didnt even feel the need to turn around as he said,
"What is it now, Tae?"
"Look Jimin, I get that you and Jeongguk had your difficulties but both of you have grown up a lot. It's like you two don't even know each other anymore since so much time has passed and both of you have changed so much,"
Taehyung said while giving him an unreadable look. It seemed like Tae really insisted on them befriending each other. It's just that Jimin couldn't stand the guy so he hasn't tried to get along with him at all.
Only when their parents were in sight.

Their parents were convinced that Jimin and Jeongguk got along very well. If they'd only knew that both boys held themselves back so hard so they wouldn't tear the other apart.

Their families have known each other since decades because their parents went to the same school and both of them didn't want to ruin the friendship of their parents with their feuds. Besides that, the two families always went on vacation together and it would be highly unpleasant if they'd fight all the way through their stay.
Going on vacation with each other was like a little tradition that both parties liked to follow so ruining it would probably disappoint their parents.

When Jimin noticed that he was stuck in his thoughts, he shook his head lightly and stared back at Taehyungs waiting gaze. So the shorter one answered,
"Tae, I appreciate all the effort you put in this but I think that him and I dont match. And he stinks all the time-"

"He's standing right behind me isn't he?"

"Yes I am and I feel slightly offended, peaches,"
Jeongguk said in a playful manner which made Jimin want to scream at him. Instead he glared at the taller and said unamusedly,
"don't call me that, you kiddo. And go out my way you smell like smoke, gosh"

,,Shut up you little shi-," Jeongguk wanted to say but Taehyung interrupted him by putting a hand over his mouth. Now Jimin only saw Jeongguks eyes twinkling like they always did. They looked so innocent but Jimin knew better.
"Okay yeah that's enough for today. We're gonna go upstairs now. Have fun Jimin-ah!," Tae said hurriedly and dragged upset and confused Jeongguk with him. Jimin just rolled his eyes and walked through the front door.

×

HELLOOO IM BACK!
I swear it's not /as/ angsty as it seems rn TT

This is my first fanfiction in English and I've been planning it for literally a year. I never knew when I was going to release the first chapter because once I did there would be no going back.
A lot of things have happened in my life and I thought I should publish it now so we could all enjoy this new chapter of my life together with this fanfiction.
Love yall <333