CHAPTER 38

💿 Style - Taylor Swift

×

It was past two in the morning and Jimin stirred in his sleep until he opened his eyes, sighing softly. He had to go use the restroom yet he also knew that he wouldn't be able to sleep afterwards.
Nevertheless, he carefully freed himself from Jeongguk's arms that were embracing him tightly and stood up.

Jimin rubbed his eyes as he waddled to the bathroom, still sleep drunk. He was about to step into the room but then he saw a black blob on the floor as soon as he turned on the light. At first, he was just confused but when he saw it move, he let out a scared scream. Jimin's eyes widened comically while he took some steps back.

The black blob turned out to be an animal.

"Jimin, why the fuck are you screaming,"
Jeongguk mumbled as he ruffled his hair, eyes half-lidded. However there was no bite to it.

"Something is in the bathroom"

"Something?" the younger asked amusedly. Jimin wasn't amused at all.

"I swear to god, Jeon Jeongguk. This thing looks like its about to jump me,"
he said, panic audible in his voice. He hid behind the door, glimpsing at the animal from time to time.

"You're probably exaggerating,"
the other groaned and rolled over so his face was squished against his pillow.

"See it for yourself then!"
He was frustrated and petty because Jeongguk didn't take him seriously. This thing literally looked like a venomous, hairy, six inch spider.

"Fine, you little brat,"
the taller gave in eventually and stood up, walking over to where Jimin was standing.
"Now where is the mysterious 'something' you're talking about?"
he teased him and placed one hand on Jimin's waist, looking over the smaller's shoulder.

If Jimin wasn't so shocked by the spider-looking thingy on the bathroom floor, his heart would've probably done some flips.

"Okay, this thing looks fucking scary. You remove it yourself if you need to go in there,"
Jeongguk said, completely serious.

"You know what? I'm gonna go to the other bathroom and you can figure this shit out,"
Jimin announced in annoyance, walking past him and out of the bedroom.

"You are obnoxious,"
the younger shouted after him in disbelief.

"Well, you're fucked. It's your bathroom,"
Jimin shrugged even though the latter couldn't see it.

Now Jeongguk was standing there,
alone - well, not so alone considering the spider was still there - thinking about what he should do. He went for the easiest method and grabbed a random jar that he had in his room and a thick piece of paper and put the glass over the spider as quick as possible.
Since it was already caught, Jeongguk took his time to observe the living creature.

From close up, the spider was actually quite cute with those googly and fuzzy look. He should've been quite concerned since the spider was probably venemous but it looked so innocent and harmless.
He eventually slid the paper underneath the jar and carried it to the window, looking at it one last time before releasing it.

When he returned to his main room, he saw his phone lighting up multiple times so he quickly went to his nightstand and grabbed it. Jimin had spammed him with over twenty texts and was still going on.

...
'your fucking dad is here'

'jeongguk.'

'answer.'

'now.'

'what am i supposed to do?'

'he thinks I'm namjoon💀'

'do something'

'jeon jeongguk I swear if you don't move your ass here right now'

'jeongguk I'm serious'

"Shit,"
Jeongguk mumbled as he stared at the text messages. He quickly needed to go there but what was he gonna tell his dad? Well, that would be a problem for near future Jeongguk since he couldn't wait any longer.

"Jeongguk?"
Sanghun murmured sleepily when said stepped into his sight.

"What are you doing here?"
Jeongguk asked as if he didn't know already.

"I wanted to go in there but Namjoon is in there and he's taking so long," Sanghun complained while pointing at the closed door.

"Why didn't you use the bathroom in your room?" Jeongguk asked confusedly.

"Ah, I guess you don't know. The toilet flush is broken,"
his father explained. That's when Jeongguk suddenly had an idea.

"You can use my bathroom,"
Jeongguk said hastily, grabbing his father's wrist and pulling him to his room before he could protest.

When Sanghun exited the bathroom he simply said 'sleep well' to his son but just when he was about to leave the room, he remembered something.

"Oh and I heard some screams coming from your room. Everything alright?"
he asked out of nowhere, looking genuinely concerned. Jeongguk froze for a second, hesitating to respond.

"Oh yeah...that was me,"
he then akwardly answered, knowing that Sanghun would've been able to see his cheeks turn red in embarrassment if it wasn't for the darkness.

"I didn't know you could scream that high," Sanghun jokingly said so Jeongguk nervously faked a laugh to make his lie look believable.

"So, nothing happened?"
he doubtfully asked once again to which the younger shook his head.
"Nuh uh"

"Alright, good then. Don't stay up too late,"
he told Jeongguk and actually left the room, not without smiling at his son.

After waiting for two minutes, Jeongguk thought it would be safe for Jimin to leave the bathroom. He once again went into the hall and knocked on the bathroom door before telling Jimin who it was and to get out of there.
When Jeongguk saw Jimin's traumatized face, he bursted out laughing.

"It's not funny, you jerk,"
the older whisper-shouted and slapped his upper arm, even though he had a hard time fighting his own grin.
Because of this, Jeongguk had to laugh even more.

"Be quiet, will you?"
Jimin complained and lead him back to his room and then to his bed. He knew he wouldn't be able to fall asleep straight away but he thought it was worth a try.

"I have to say the spider was quite cute with its googly eyes but I'm wide awake now. Wanna go for a late night drive?"
Jeongguk suggested but was met with a disturbed look.
"It wasn't cute. It almost killed me"

"You're exaggerating"

"Fine, the go on your late night drive by yourself," Jimin said pettily, shrugging completely unbothered.

"No matter what you say right now, we both know your gonna join me anyway,"
Jeongguk said with a cocky smirk on his face.

And Jimin knew he was right so he didn't even try to defend himself and walked into Jeongguk's wardrobe to find long sweatpants since it was getting colder. The other didn't question it and quickly fetched his car keys from his desk and a blanket to sit on.

×

Heyy :)
I thought I had already uploaded this chapter. Turns out, I didn't ahahsha I'm sorry. Well, here it is. I can't believe we're almost at chapter 40, it's so unbelievable!
And by the way, if you're scared of spiders, search up 'cute spiders' they can be so adorable, I was surprised🥹.
Anyways, love you<3