Chapter 257 - Saya's Decision

Magsimula sa umpisa

"That's a good idea but..." Lumilia sat down beside him before she continued, "the exam is different to each branch of the guild. We didn't have any idea what's the advancement exam in this country."

"Don't worry about it. I'm confident that I have a power of B-rank so I will pass the advancement exam." Souta answered her confidently. All it matters was his strength. If he didn't have the strength of a B-rank Souta wouldn't pass the exam even if he took the exam from different countries.

"I see, our party is getting larger." Lumilia nodded and said. If Souta said that then she could only believe in him.

"Yeah, so I think you should try to upgrade your power too. Build up your magic capacity so that you can cast dozens of tier 2 spells. It's important, you know?" Souta looked at her face.

"Yeah, I'm working on it but I think that it will take a few months, unlike Bryan who is about to reach B-rank," Lumilia said with a sigh.

"Don't compare yourself to him. Bryan is a freak with four elemental affinities. His tier 1 spell could even rival some of the weak tier 2 spells." Souta said as he closed his eyes.

"The same thing could be said to you. You said it yourself that you're a B-rank." Lumilia said with a sneer.

"Tsk!" Souta clicked his tongue as the wind blew past his face making his hair flutter. "We've come a long way."

"Yeah, I didn't even imagine that we would form a party when first saw you in the class. I thought that this year would become a normal school for me but thanks to you I've experienced a lot of things that I haven't experienced before." Lumilia said as a beautiful smile flashed on her face. "I'm bound by my family. I thought that I would never be able to escape from it but I've gained my freedom. In truth, I was hopeless at that time when my father called me."

"Haha, I can see it in your face. You're quite hopeless." Souta said with a laughed.

"Don't laugh at me. Mmmm, I'm being serious here." Lumilia puffed her cheeks in embarrassment.

"Okay, okay, I won't laugh at you. When I first saw you, I thought that you're just a cheeky noble brat." Souta said to her.

"Huh? I'm not a cheeky brat!" Lumilia looked at him with wide eyes.

"I mean, you're always stopping Bryan from sleeping. Calling teacher as if you're a leech." Souta said as he opened his arms while shaking his head.

Lumilia's face turned red and she lowered her head. She slowly opened her mouth and said in a tiny voice, "So that's what you're impression of me, huh? I'm just trying to fulfill my role as a class rep so you can't blame me for that. I've been learning to follow the rules and be a disciplined person since I was a child."

"Hahaha, what can I say? I'm only saying the truth." Souta said as he stood up and patted his clothes. "I'll continue my training so I won't go back with you."

"Okay, I'll tell them that you're training. I will be back to bring your lunch." Lumilia said as she stood up.

"Thanks." Souta thanked her as he held the vajra sword in his hand tightly.

"No problem. Don't push yourself too hard." Lumilia shook her head and left after leaving these words.

Souta gazed at her back while thinking about the things that happened before. All of them grew stronger. At their current strength, they would be able to defeat him if he had the same strength when he first arrived in the Ladros city. At that time, their power was just D-rank.

But now, in just a few months, they grew up close to B-rank.

Well, it was also thanks to them that he was able to earn a lot of skill points. If he stayed in the Undead Sanctuary he wouldn't be able to become a battle mage in just a short amount of time.

'You're worried about her.' Saya said suddenly.

"Nope, I trust them. I don't need to worry about them. Oh, right? You said that you're going to teach me, right?" Souta recalled what Saya said before.

'Yeah, I confirmed that you're worthy of becoming my partner. Do you know the past wielder of the vajra sword?' Saya asked him.

"Nope," Souta shook his head.

'Then, do you know the Zomus country?'

"Yeah, it's the large country below the Hebrei kingdom. Why you ask?" Souta nodded.

'The founder of that country is one of my past wielders, the Black Edge Zomus.'

"What?!" Souta was shocked when he heard her words.

'All the people that wield the vajra sword are great people that either become a king of a country or become a hero. And I'm the one who taught them their skills. So I've decided that your worthy of becoming my partner. I will impart you some skills that will help you in your journey.'