Chapter 5 test

3rd pov

1 hour later

Hope had tested the hybrid boy with every test in the book and he passed them all. Both of them were now seated at the ocean on the opposite side of each other.

''you are supernatural?'', she asked while he had truth orb. ''uh yeah I am'', he answered and the orb glowed blue. ''vampire?''. ''no'', it turned blue again. ''monster?''. ''no'', once again blue.

Hope eyed him. ''werewolf?''. Nick nods as he speaks. ''yes'', this time it glowed blue and red. This peeked Hope's interest. She looked from the orb to him. ''wanna explain why it turned blue and red there Nick?''.

Nick scratches his neck nervously. ''you see I'm a spices of two kind. Therefore it was both''. Hope raised her eyebrows at him. ''what is your other half then?''. ''i-I don't know'', he lied. Hope looked down to the orb, only for it glowing red.

Nick closes his eyes. ''something tells me you know''. He opens them again. ''alright I do, but look I don't want to share my other half. I mean we just met'', he half lied.

''then are you a threat to us?''. ''no, I am not'', the orb glowed blue. ''are you an ally with the necromancer?''. ''no'', once again it glowed blue.

''have we ever met each other?'', she asked him hoping why he felt so familiar. This made the hybrid boy tense and clear his throat. Luckily the headmaster came just in time.

''how's it going here?''. Nick stood up from his seat right away. ''very well sir''. Alaric looked at him and cleared his throat. ''uh, very well. However, I was asking my student here'', he referred to Hope.

Hope stands up. ''it's going alright. He's not a threat and not an ally with the necromancer. Tho he is a supernatural. He is of two kind. One is werewolf and the other he doesn't wanna share. Said it was because we just met'', Hope cleared out.

Alaric looked at the boy once again. ''hm alright. We aren't going to push him to tell us if he isn't ready, as long as he's not a danger for us. He can stay here and become a student. Stefan has vouched for you as has Josie. So, welcome to the Salvatore school'', he handed his hand towards the boy.

Nick takes it and they shake on it. ''thank you mr Saltzman. It's an honour'', he said after letting go of his hand.

The man nods. ''uh, yeah'', was all he said as he leaves the two.

''I don't trust you'', Hope said out of nowhere. Nick tried to play it cool as he took his gaze back to her. ''uh, sure I guess I understand. I mean I wouldn't trust someone who just came here out of nowhere'', he chuckled nervosly.

''Hope'', a voice called for the tribrid.

It was no other than Ethan Machado.

Nick's pov

Ethan is that Ethan? Didn't he move away or something? Why is he here and why is he calling for Hope?

As he came closer he kissed Hope's cheek. What the hell?

My heart just broke right there and then. This must mean he's the boyfriend.

Hope's pov

As Ethan kissed me I couldn't help but look at Nick. He looked hurt, why?

''uh Ethan this is Nick. A new student at the Salvatore school. Nick um this is my boyfriend Ethan''.

Nick's pov

Boyfriend? I guess I was right then.

It was him, he was her boyfriend. Just send me to hell right now, cause it feels like I'm already there.