Chapter 6 old room

Nick's pov

2 hours later

I got my old room back, the only thing was that Jed wasn't living in here anymore. He was bunking with Ethan apparently, so now I don't have a roommate.

Great, I miss that douchebag. Even though he killed me. I know it wasn't him, but I guess it still hurts a little.

My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on my door. ''come in'', I spoke up.

Uncle Stefan came in.

He looked at me with sympathy in his eyes. I understood where it was leading.

''uncle S don't. Alright. I'm fine, really. At least Josie remembers me. You don't have to worry. I'm fine. I mean I did get back in the school, so that's a plus''.

He sits down on my bed. ''I know kid, but still. It's not easy. Damon's coming to get me. I'll be living with him and your mother for a while. I just wanted to tell you so you know. I am sorry tho. I wish I had something to make them remember you''.

I waved him off. ''it's cool at least one of us gets a happy ending. You deserve it uncle S, so I don't want you to worry about me. I'm going to be fine'', I tried to convince him but I was also trying to convince myself more.

''Nick...''. ''Stefan?''.

I looked to see my father in the hallway. ''dad'', I whispered.

''Damon''.

Uncle Stefan and him met halfway and hugged each other. I smiled at the sight. Knowing how much my father missed his brother. It was a sight on the eye. Seeing them reuinite.

I stood up and leaned onto the door frame. My father... I mean Damon looked at me and let go of my uncle. ''you're the one that got my brother back?'', he asked me.

It was so painful to see nothing in his eyes when he saw me. Just not the same spark he had before when he knew who I was. ''yeah guilty there mr Salvatore. You're brother is a good man''.

He lunged at me and attacked me in a hug. ''thank you so much, boy. Really, you have no idea how grateful I am. Your parents must be so proud of you. They raised a good kid''.

That's the comment that shattered my heart more.

Tears were starting to form in my eyes, but I held it together. I had to hold it in.''yeah I hope so''.

He let me go and squeezed my shoulder, just like he did when he was comforting me before. ''you hope so? I don't understand''. I gave him a light smile. ''i don't think my parents remember me. They forgot about me a long time ago''.

I looked down at the floor after I said that. ''I'm so sorry to hear that. Is there something I could do to repay you?''. I shook my head at him. ''no need for that sir. Just happy I could reunite a family. By the looks of it I outdid myself''.

He squeezes me one more time. ''if there is something just hit me up kid. You're welcome in our home anytime, Literally my wife would love you... who am I kidding? After telling her what happened, she already does. You should stop by anytime you want. You're always welcome, kid''.

3rd pov

Nick looked at his father and just wanted to tell him everything then and there, but he contained himself from it. ''thanks maybe I'd take you up on that offer'', he smiled the pain away.

Damon nods. He takes his arm from the hybrid boy and looks at his brother. ''come on little brother, let's go home''.

Stefan looks at Nick. The hybrid nods assuring him it's fine and he'll be alright.

With that the two men walked away, leaving a devastated teenage boy.

The hybrid boy slowly falls down and leans his head back. Tears streaming down. Oh, how he wished he didn't have to feel anything.

''Nick''. He looked up to see Josie. ''Jo I don't want to feel this pain'', he admitted to the Saltzman siphoner. She kneeled down to him and soothed his hair. ''I know Nick, I know. I wish I could do something, but I don't know what''.

''you remember me, that's what counts'', he revealed.

As the Saltzman siphoner were comforting the boy, there was someone lurking and watching them from a distance.

''there is something going on here, is he the one we forgot'', the person spoke to themselves.

''Lizzie''.

Lizzie looked behind her, startled. She pushed Hope lightly. ''Hope what the hell? You scared the shit out of me'', she revealed.

Hope looks at her, having a brow raised. ''well, what are you doing spying on the new guy and Jo for?''.

''uhm hello can't you see? He's crying or whatever. Josie is comforting him. Isn't that suspicious?''. Hope rolls her eyes. ''boys can cry to Lizzie. What's your point?''.

''I know that Hope. My point is that it happened right after Damon and Stefan left. It was like what made him upset was Damon. I just don't know why tho. It's just a little weird''.

Hope looked from her best friend to Nick's room, but this time they weren't there and the door was closed.

''you don't think he is the N Salvatore do you?''. Lizzie hesitated. ''I don't know Hope. I mean his last name is Carter. So, it may be a slim chance'', she lied. ''you know I faked my last name when I came back and everyone had forgotten me'', Hope pointed out.

Lizzie sighed. ''all I know is that dad doesn't want you to be obsessed with it. Maybe just forget it Hope''.

What Hope didn't know was that Lizzie was already onto it, but she didn't want to give the girl false hope in case she was wrong.

''you're right. I mean I have tried to get that spell where we can remember things. You know the one Josie made you guys remember me, but I can't get my hands on it. It's like after Malivore was destroyed it's like it was too. it doesn't make sense tho''.

Lizzie makes the tribrid look at her. ''look we can't dwell on the past Hope. I mean it's the past for a reason, even though we can't remember it''.

''it's just weird, don't you think?''. Lizzie takes her hand and rest them on Hope's shoulder. ''Hope listen. I don't know what the future holds, but for now we should give ourselves a break and be teenagers. I mean party, study, make out with our boyfriend's and like that. Whatever comes, comes and we'll deal with it then. We tried it with the missing person, but it didn't lead to anywhere. So, now we try and move on and perhaps in the future we'll know more''.

Hope looked at Lizzie with a dumbfounded look. ''what are you talking about?''. The girl groans. ''let's just roll with the flow, alright?''. Hope who didn't quiet understand what the girl was implying just carefully nods. ''good, now let's get ready. I mean your boyfriend is waiting for you and you need to get ready before we go''.

Hope looks at herself than back at Lizzie. ''I am ready''. Lizzie looks at the girl and shakes her head in a disapproving manner. ''no let's refresh your look''. She dragged the tribrid with her.

To be continued