Chapter 26 envelope

Hope's pov

As we were walking towards the garden. I got a message from Landon. I opened it up and teared a little at what it stood. ''hey Hope. I know this is douche move to do on a text, but yeah. I know your feelings for Nick is deep, even if you don't know what you feel for him. I can see it, everyone can actually see it. So, I'm setting you free. Meaning I'm breaking up with you. Like I said douche move of me, but it was either this or face to face. If I'd do it face to face. I know I couldn't do it. I'm sorry Hope''.

Nick's pov

I was walking when I realized Hope stopped. I looked back at her and saw she had tears running down her face. I quickly went over to her side. ''Hope hey what's going on?''. She didn't answer me, instead she hugged me. I was taken by the hug, but I quickly gave in.

We stood like this for a moment, then she let go and gained her posture again. I looked at her asking ''Hope, tell me what's wrong''. She looked at me saying ''Landon h-he b-broke up with m-me. o-over a-a text''.

I was feeling angry. Angry at Landon for breaking up with her over a text instead of doing it in real life. I controlled my feelings and looked at Hope ''hey it's his loss. Not seeing how beautiful, smart and awesome you are. You are Hope Mikaelson for sake. There is no one like you Hope. If he can't see that, it's his fault. You are one of the girls that is one of a kind. A girl that no one can replace. You deserve a lot better than that, remember that''.

3rd pov

As Nick said that. Hope's heart skipped a beat. Hearing what he said about her, cheered her up. Yeah she was sad about Landon breaking up with her, but maybe he was right. That her feelings for Nick is much more deeper than she taught. She also understood where Landon was coming from. It couldn't be easy for him either. It still hurts for her though, but that's how feelings can be. It's normal to feel different things.

Hope's pov

I looked at Nick. He had a gentle smile on his face. I gave him a little smile, reassuring him I was alright.

I don't know, but I'm not as sad after what Nick said. Don't take me wrong. It hurts that Landon dumped me over a text and that he doesn't want to be together anymore. However, one side of me understands him too. I haven't really been sincere about my feelings for the two brothers. I can see that it's frustrating.

''thanks Nick. if it's okay. I don't want to go to the garden. I'll go to my room. I just don't...'', then I got cut off. ''I understand Hope. Do you want me to come with, or do you want to be alone?''. ''I think I want to be alone for a bit''. Nick nodded and said ''I understand. I will be here for you when you need me. Just call, dm, scream even, and I'll be there in a heartbeat. Or at least try''.

I smiled at him ''thank you Nick''.

Nick's pov

After she thanked me. She walked away. I took the opportunity to walking back to the garden. To see what Lizzie did.

As I was now in the garden. I saw a table with two chairs, flowers on the table, menu, a bell, candles, and an envelope.

I went closer to the table and looked at the envelope. I saw who it was to and immediately remembered who it was from, from the handwriting. ''to Hope'' it stood.

''you remember don't you''. I heard someone say and looked behind me. No surprise there, it was Lizzie.

I turned around, holding the envelope in my hand. ''yeah I do. h-how did you get this?''. She smiled at me ''well, may have picked it up. When you throwed it away a year ago''. I laughed ''wow the Lizzie Saltzman picking up trash''. ''oh, shut up and it isn't trash. Is it now?''.

I took my gaze from Lizzie to the envelope. ''guess not'', I mumbled.

Lizzie's pov

''are you gonna give it to her?''. Nick looked back up at me. ''i-I don't know. It's just something I wrote. It's stupid''.

I sighed ''no it isn't stupid. It's from the heart. It's a love letter Nick. From you to Hope. Don't you think she would want to read it?''.

''I don't know Liz. Maybe not now is the good time. Landon just broke up with her over a text''. ''say what now? The hobbit did what?''.

''yeah. So, she is in her room now because of that. She wants some alone time''.

3rd pov

Lizzie was not happy at what she heard. She loved Hope like as a sister. They may have not seen eye to eye sometimes, but she cares for the tribrid.

Nick noticed Lizzie wasn't happy, so he spoke up. ''Liz. I can see it on your face. Don't do anything stupid''. ''me doing anything stupid? No Nick relax. However, I must ask why you haven't done anything?''.

''because I'm trying to control myself and what's good for it anyways? Nothing really. So, I'll be there for her. Always and forever''.

''I understand Nick. So, about the letter? Are you going to give it to her or?''. ''you and that letter Lizzie. I don't know. Maybe when the time's right, like I said I don't know''.

Nick's pov

Before I could say or do anything. The envelope that was in my hand disappeared. I looked at my hand and couldn't understand where it disappeared to. Then I looked at Lizzie and saw down at her hand she had it. She gave me a smirk.

''Lizzie, give it back''. ''hm nope. I will hold onto it until you give it to her, or maybe I'll give it to her herself and say who it is from''.

I sighed ''okay okay. Fine have it. Just don't right now. Just wait. Now is not the time. Maybe I'll give it to her when the time's right or maybe I'll say it in person, okay?''.

Lizzie's smirk turned into a smile ''okay, that's enough for me. However, I will hold onto it. In case you chicken out''.

''fine'', I mumbled.

''good. Let's walk inside the school then. Since what I planned didn't go as I hoped. I'll just let it be and let the staff clean it'', Lizzie said as she walked back to the school.

''damn that girl is something for herself'', I taught for myself before walking behind her into the school.

To be continued