Chapter 30 maybe we could try?

''we-we are not together'', Hope spoke up. ''oh, I know dear niece. However, if you get together you would be cute. I'm just saying, there is something between the two of you'', Freya answered.

Nick sat still, not saying a word. Hope's cousin noticed this. He saw that the hybrid had red cheeks. He just starred at him, giving him a thinking face. Before anything else was said, her cousin spoke up ''mom that boy besides Hope is red on his cheeks, why?''. Freya laughed at what her son just mentioned. ''well, you see Nicko. He might be a little embarrassed at what mommy said''. ''what? You mean when you said he and Hope looks cute together?''. ''yes son''.

The boy looked at them, saying ''I agree with mom on this one. You two really look like a lovey dovey couple''. Nick and Hope both looked at each other at the same time. Nick began to speak ''you know, maybe they aren't wrong? I mean maybe we could try?''. ''Nick. I-I just got off a relationship. And...'', she got cut off. ''no need to explain Hope. I understand. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that'', Nick said to Hope as he saw away from her.

Nick began to stand up. He looked at Freya and said ''it was good to see you again Frey, but I have to go. I forgot I have something to do. I hope to see more of you, so give me a head ups when you're in town'', he stopped and took his eyes to meet Hope's ''Hope I'll see you in the school and later at the party if you're coming''.

''it was good seeing you too Nick. Yeah I'll try and maybe you could also come to New Orleans sometimes'', Freya said to the boy. He nodded and looked back at Hope, giving her the car keys of his car ''here take the car. I'll walk back to the school''. Before she could answer back, he had already walked away.

''well, that was interesting'', the Mikaelson witch said. Hope sighed and Freya caught it. ''you love him don't you?''. Hope looked up at her aunt, saying ''I-I don't know aunt Freya. Maybe I do or maybe I don't know. Okay? I don't know what I feel. I just know that I have feelings for him. Yes I would like to try things with him, but I just broke up with Landon aka his brother''.

Freya looked at her niece with a ''wanting to help her look''. ''look Hope. I can't tell you what to do. That is just something you can tell yourself. All I can say try to follow your heart''. Hope scoffed ''yeah how do I follow that when it's in pieces''. ''you follow that piece which you know will lead you the way to your happiness''.

Freya's words cut deep for Hope. She knew now, which one to follow. ''you are right aunt Freya. I should. I know what to do''. ''oh yeah, what?''. ''I'm going to follow that piece of my heart and tell Nick I want to try it with him. I want to be more than friends''.

As Hope said that her aunt clapped ''finally. Took you some time''. Hope raised her eyebrows ''what are you talking about?''.  ''Hope I have seen the way you have looked at him since you two were younger. I even have seen him jealous when you talked about other guys. I knew you two were more than friends, but you two didn't see it. Now you both do, and for that I'm happy for you. He's a good guy Hope''.

Hope smiled at what her aunt just said. She couldn't help but feel happy. Happy that she knows what she wants. And what she wants was always in front of her, being there for her, supporting her, helping her, making her laugh, irritate her and all that. That something is a someone, a hybrid to be exact.

To be continued