Chapter 40 what's the deal Alyssa?

Nick's pov

I was walking down to the cellar, before I heard my name behind me. ''Nick''. I looked behind me to see Alyssa. ''what do you want?'', I asked the girl. She just smiled and came a little closer to me. ''I guess the same as you. To see how Jed is doing''.

I scoffed ''do you even care about him? For you he was just a play ting that you toyed with a couple of months. I don't know your game Alyssa, but let him be. He is over you and are in a good place. Well, kind of''.

She didn't say anything instead she came closer and closer until she was right with me. She then leaned in and whispered in my ears ''easy there Nicki. I just want to see how he's doing. Even though it's none of your business, but I do care for him''. Then she backed away from me.

She started walking away, but then she turned around and looked at me ''oh, shouldn't you be thanking me. You know about you and Hope?''. What are she talking about, I thought for myself. ''what are you meaning Alyssa? You didn't do anything'', I answered as I looked at the witch.

She smirked ''well, you're right I didn't quiet do anything. However, I kind of helped you two. You know the girl that came to you at the party. Was kind of my doing. She was talking on and on about how hot you were, and she wouldn't mind to get a piece of you, but she didn't have the courage to go and talk to you. So, I saw a chance. I saw Hope was parking your car and then I gave the girl some courage. A little courage magic for her to try. I knew you wouldn't do anything with her and turn her down, but why not I thought for myself. Because I knew Hope would see the two of you and get jealous, and I was right weren't I?''.

I looked at her while her smirk grew into a smile. A genuine smile. Alyssa Chang is nice? There must be something she wants.

''okay what's the deal Alyssa? You want something in exchange just for getting Hope jealous?'', I asked. Her smile went away, and now her face was normal. ''no Nick. I actually don't want anything from you''. ''then what Alyssa?''. ''look I know I can be a bitch and mean sometimes''. I interrupted her as I scoffed. ''okay almost every time, but I remember when I came to this school. No one was particularly nice to me, then you were. You were also the only one who tried to make me feel at home. Even though you didn't know me, you still tried to be nice. I may have not always been nice to you and what I did at your birthday party wasn't particularly nice, but that's who I am. I'm not a nice person, but I have seen the way you and Hope have looked at each other since you two were ten years old. Everyone has, but you too were oblivious. So, I saw an opportunity to help you two. However, it looked like you two figured it out yourself and didn't need help. So, you are right I actually didn't do anything. It was all you two''.

I looked over at her to see if she was just joking or something, but it looked like she was sincere. ''look Alyssa you're right you're not a nice person, but it looks like you are trying too and that's good. Yes when you came to the school I thought I'd be nice to you and help you feel like the school was a home. Because sometimes everyone deserves a chance when they first meet someone'', I said as I gave her a smile. She smiled back at me.

''thank you Nick, and as for Jed. He wasn't a boy toy for me. I liked him, I really did and that's what scared me. That's why I broke it off with him''. ''oh, look I get it. When things starts to grow to something bigger than what you wanted, it can be scary. I kind of understand why you broke it off. You didn't want to catch more feelings then what you had for him'', I said as I looked down thinking that's what I did when I realized my feelings for Hope wouldn't go away when I first knew I had fallen for my best friend.

I stepped out of my trance as Alyssa spoke ''thanks Nick. I better go. Ehm, just tell Jed I hope he's better''. ''will do Alyssa''. She smiled at me and went back up and I walked back down.

To be continued