Chapter 14 you didn't know

As I was walking I knew that I had to talk to her first. To clear things up and see what happens. Just this time will be different. This time I have to tell her the truth about my feelings.

I was now right outside her door room. Trying to find the right words to say. However, I didn't know what to start with. So, I'll just speak from the heart.

I looked at the door and sighed. After some seconds I knocked. At first no one opened. So, I knocked a second time. Finally, the door opened. Revealing the one I was not looking for.

''Nick?''. ''hey Jo. I was looking for your sister, is she here?''. ''uhm no, I think she either went looking for you or she's with Hope'', Josie answered. ''oh, alright''. ''is there something I can help you with? I haven't seen you since...''. ''since my birthday'', I cut her off. ''right'', she said.

It was quiet for a minute there then she spoke up ''look Nick. I'm not sure what's going on with you, but I just want you to know I'm here for you. Even if things don't work out with you and Lizzie'', she said giving me a light smile. I looked at her and gave her a smile saying ''thanks Jo. It means a lot. I guess I don't know what's going on with me. It's just I found out I'm a hybrid and who my biological father is. Not the top of it, but me and Landon are also half brothers. It's kind of a lot to take in. Don't get me wrong since I learned about the supernatural, I've always wanted to be one and to go to this school. Sometimes I just feel like I've been causing problems for people since I came here, like I'm a burden''. She shocked her head and said ''no Nick you are not a burden. Don't think that you are. Problems is the new normal, and you have not caused it. Can I ask something?'', Josie said. ''yeah of course Jo. Ask away''. ''did you lock yourself in because of what happened at the party, or because of your feelings for Hope?''

When she said that I couldn't help but look at the floor. ''look Jo. I like your sister very much, but I guess I can't deny my feelings for Hope anymore'', I said sighing. I heard she was going to say something but stopped. So, I took the opportunity to speak again ''Josie I know this might come as a surprise or not, bu...''. Before I could say anything Josie cut me off laughing and saying ''Nick to be honest this is not a surprise. Since we were kids and you got to know Hope, everyone could see you liked her as more than friends even Lizzie. Why did you think we shipped you guys and gave you both a nickname?''. ''I don't know I thought you guys joked about it, didn't you?''. ''no, not exactly. We both knew you two had chemistry with each other, but it looked like both of you wouldn't confess your true feelings for one another. I could even see the hurt in you're face when Hope said you were just friends. So, I get it Nick''.

''so, everyone knew?'', I asked her. ''yes pretty much everyone, besides you and Hope noticed''. ''oh. So, can I ask did you guys talk about me before then?''. As I said that Josie looked at me and smiled at me saying ''actually yes. One day when we were sixteen we had a sleepover. Where we talked about you. I went on about how a good couple you and Hope would be. She said and I quote ''yeah maybe, but we are just friends. However, if he actually had invited me out like on a date. I probably wouldn't had said no''. I looked at Josie and starred at her shocked, then asking her ''wait really?''. ''yes Nick, really. You know we talked a lot about you that day, I even thin Hope was going to ask you to be her date to the Salvatore decades dance. However, you kind of blew her up with saying you were busy and all that''. ''what? Oh no. I remember she was going to ask me something, but before she could say what. I said I was busy with something. I said that because I tried to distance myself from her to keep my feelings hidden for her. I didn't know'', I said as I took my hand in my hair.

''that's okay Nick. Like you said you didn't know'', Josie replied. ''yeah, but still'', I said. ''I am not supposed to say this to you, but I will. I'm not saying this to you to be cruel or something, but you need to know the truth. After you blew her off and you two drifted further and further apart, Hope wasn't in a good place. She was in a dark place for some time Nick. She spent most of her time on her room, coming late to class, shutting everyone out. Then everything that happened with her parents and her uncle, she was deep lost in herself. I don't know if you remember, but she called your house that night. When her mother, you know''.

''I remember. I wasn't home at that time so, my parents answered. Then they called me and explained, and I dropped everything I did that day and I hurried to New Orleans. When I came the next day her father said she was in her room, and I rushed to her without hesitation. I saw her lying in her bed and crying. She didn't even look up to who just came in her room. I began to walk to her bed, laying beside her. Taking my arms around her, comforting her. She didn't even look to know it was me she just said my name and cried. I remember saying ''it's okay Hope I'm here. Always and forever, right?''. She answered me ''always and forever''. Then we laid like that until she fell asleep. After that I tried to be there for her even after her father and uncle, but not as much as I was before. I tried. I did, but she also took distance from me. That was until the scavenger hunt, when we kind of re connected''.

I looked back at Josie, and she was looking back at me with sadness in her eyes saying ''you see Nick. that's what love is. You drop everything you do at that moment, when you know the person you're in love with is in pain. That's what you did for Hope. I know I shouldn't be saying this as you are dating my sister and Hope's with Landon. You, however deserve to know it. It's up to you, what you do with the information I gave you''. ''you're right Josie. Thank you for telling this to me and reminding me of the past. About the information, I don't know what to do with it. But I'm glad you told me. Now if you excuse me I have some unfinished business to clear up'', I said giving Josie a smile and then walking at Hope's dorm room direction.

To be continued