Chapter 9 party time part three

I locked the door and stood still for a minute to think. Hope was in my room and I was half naked.

I let my hand go of the handle and turned around. I saw Hope sitting in my bed, looking out the window. I stood there for a minute. Starring at her, how beautiful she looked. Seeing that she's using the dress I got her, it made my heart warm.

Why just why. I knew it was wrong admiring her, but it felt so right. However, I stopped and started speaking ''so, Hope you want us to go together to the party downstairs. May I ask why. Like why me and not your boyfriend?'', as I said that I couldn't help, but say boyfriend in an hurtful tone. I guess Hope heard it as she turned around from the window to looking at me.

''ehm I. I really don't know. I just wanted to I guess'', she said. I don't know what came over me, but I walked to her on my bed and sat beside her. I looked her straight into those beautiful blue eyes, as she starred into my eyes too. We didn't speak or nor did we touch. We just stood there for a moment staring at each other, deepely.

I was the one to break the silent ''tell me the truth Hope, why did you really come in here?'', I asked her with a softness in my tone. She didn't say anything, instead she looked at me and came closer. As she did that I suddenly did that too, without knowing. Our lips were inches away from one another. I could tell we both were going to do something that we'd regret, but also not.

I leaned a little closer, until our lips were touching. However, it wasn't as nearly as I wanted it to be. Before anything happened. Hope backed away.

We nearly had our first kiss, but it didn't happen.

Hope had backed away and before I could say anything she spoke ''I'm sorry this was a mistake. I-I shouldn't have come''. As she said that I couldn't help feeling hurt at her words.

She was about to stand up, but I gently took her hand and she looked at me. ''really? Was it really a mistake Hope?'', I said with sadness in m voice. She took her hand upon my chin. ''i-i. I'm sorry, but yes I think it was'', she said that looking right at me with sadness in her eyes. That's when I knew she didn't mean that, or did she?

She still had her hand upon my chin. She was slowly taking it away, but before she did that I took her hand in mine. She looked at our hands, hand in hand.

She took her hand out of mine and stood up from the bed. Started walking to the door, before thinking I shouted her name ''Hope''. She turned around her hand at the knob. ''I need to know. Are the feelings I feel for you one sided, or not?.

Hope's pov

As I heard Nick's word. I didn't know what to say. Say the truth that they're not or tell him it is and hurt him. No matter what I'd tell him, I knew it would either way hurt someone. So, I did the one thing I knew would hurt us both.

''I'm sorry Nick, but it's just from your side. I don't have feelings for you'', as I said that I couldn't help but let a tear fall down from my face.

Nick's pov

The word's that came out of Hope stung me in the heart. I didn't know what heartache really felt, before this moment. I looked down, avoiding looking into her eyes. I heard footsteps walking in my directions, but stopped. I then looked up and saw Hope standing just a feet away from me.

''I'm really sorry Nick. i...'', before she could finish that sentence I spoke ''sorry, you're sorry. For what Hope? There is nothing to be sorry about. Okay? You didn't mean to hurt me. you didn't mean for me to get my heart broken. Okay I get it. At least now I know, my feelings were one sided'', I said with a hurt voice.

She didn't say anything, instead she came closer. Tried taking her hands at my shoulder, but I brushed them away. ''just go Hope. Go to the party have fun. Have fun with your friends and your boyfriend. Just let me be, and forget everything that was said in this room'', I said looking down. Not looking into her eyes.

She left. She walked out and left. Without saying anything.

To be continued