Chapter 24 we will fight it together

We were now heading towards the garden. As we walked. Memories of the first time me and Hope met, came flushing inside my mind. I couldn't help but smile as we walked. Hope noticed this as she stopped and gave me a look ''what?'', I asked. ''why are you smiling goofy?''. I smiled more when she said that ''just thinking''. ''about?''. ''when we first met, remember?'', I answered.

She looked at me and gave me a smile, saying ''yes I remember''. ''good. Thought you forgot it, for a moment''. ''how could I'', she answered.

I smiled and took my hand off her hand and took it around her. She accepted and let me have my hand around her. ''you know. Sometimes you are something for yourself'', Hope said shaking her head while smiling at me. ''oh, I know. However, isn't that what makes you love me'', I said without realizing I said love.

She looked up at me and didn't say anything. I then started speaking again ''I mean as friends of course. Like you like me for me. I mean...'', then I got cut off. ''Nick I know what you meant. You don't need to explain yourself, and to answer your question. Yes''. ''yes, what?'', I asked her. She gave me a look. Knowing I knew what she meant. ''you know I love you for who you are, stupid'', she answered while giving me a devilish smile.

I gave her a smile back, saying ''yeah I know. Just wanted to tease you a little''. Instead of answering me, she pushed me. Before I knew I was on the floor outside the school's entrance.

I looked back up at her. She was looking at me laughing. ''Nick I'm sorry. That was not going to happen. I didn't know you'd fall'', she said still laughing. ''yeah, yeah. Good to see that me getting hurt, makes you glad'', I said while lifting me up.

I was now up and looked at Hope. She was still laughing. I rolled my eyes, then laughed a little too. Hope noticed as she spoke ''ha. You are laughing too. See, you think it was funny yourself''. I gave up and said ''fine. It was a little funny, I guess''.

As we both stood there, laughing. I heard a sound. So, I turned around to see what it was. I looked into the forest, to see if it was something. I thought I saw something run to the bushes. So, my eyes began to glow.

Hope's pov

As we were laughing. I saw Nick turned around. I guessed he heard the same thing as me. So, I also looked at where he was looking. I didn't see anything though, but Nick must as his eyes began to glow.

''Nick what is it?'', I asked him. He was still looking at the same direction, while he answered me ''I don't know''.

After some seconds, he turned back to me. His eyes were still glowing. ''Nick your eyes. They're still glowing'', I said.

Nick's pov

As I turned around to look at Hope again. She said my eyes were still glowing. I shut my eyes and relaxed. After some seconds I opened them up again. ''are they still glowing?'', I asked Hope. She looked me in the eyes and said ''no. They are normal again''.

We were still looking in each other's eyes. Then we got interrupted, by someone calling Hope's name. ''Hope''. We both turned around Hope's direction, to see Landon standing between the school's entrance and stairs. He was walking towards us.

He was now where we were. I took a few steps back. As I was close to Hope. ''hey'', Hope answered him. ''hey'', he answered back. Then before I knew it. He took Hope and kissed her, right in front of me. I just stood there, looking anywhere but them.

After some seconds that felt like eternity. They pulled away. I was still looking anywhere but them. I noticed Hope was looking at me but didn't say anything. ''so, what are you two up to?'', Landon asked. I looked back up at them. Noticing Landon had his arm on Hope's shoulder. ''oh, nothing really. Just enjoying the sun'', I answered him.