ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟹𝟾

𝓞𝓶𝓷𝓲𝓼𝓬𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓽 𝓟𝓞𝓥,

𝙷𝚘𝚖𝚎📍

"Ha body has overworked itself and she needa lotta rest" the trap doc told Duke who was standing outside the bedroom she was in. "Don't be doing no heavy lifting because you'll re-open your stitches, get yo ass some rest too."

"Preciate you" Duke said dapping up the trap's doc and he left.

"I WANT MY SON!" Jayla yelled like smiley from Baddies East.

She's awake. Duke thought before opening the door.

"We need to talk"

Jayla immediately sat up hearing his voice. "Don't come near me. Ion wanna talk, I'm drained Duke. Yeen wanna listen to me when I was crying out trying to defend myself."

"Doc said you need to rest, lay back down."

"Where's. My. Son." She gave him a death stare.

"Our son" he corrected stroking his chin. "Reek's fine." He mugged her.

"Ian ask if he's fine or not I asked where my son was—Whatareyoudoing?" she asked as Duke got into the bed with her and she scooted all the way to the edge.

Just a couple hours ago he wanted her dead and now he wanna be all up under her skin and Jayla was confused. How could a man go from being cold and angry to soft and patient.

"I wanna know the truth behind what happened that night. No matter what you tell me, I'm not gon kill you. I promise, c'mere" he said softly putting his arm out and waving her over.

"Nigga shut yo musty, crusty, smelly ass up. The truth was told 2 years ago, i'm done talking bitch" she spat disrespectfully.

He pulled the comforters over his hood and Jayla rolled her eyes seeing that what she said gave him a semi.

"Was you actually gon kill me...?" Duke asked referring to when she shot him in the trap basement.

"Did I want to? 100%, was I going to? No." She answered honestly.

"Hm...ian gon lie when you shot me that turned me on. That's hella sexy" he recalled and Jayla huffed in irritation as she turned away from him causing him to lowly chuckle.

He got out of bed then checked the time on his phone. "Imma go pick my daughter up from school then you finna tell me the truth"

"Bring me my son, Ian telling you shit. Kiss my ass"

"I'll do more than kiss that ass if you keep up that attitude" he warned then left the room.

"I should've left him alone from the jump" Jayla mumbled in deep regret then she dozed off to sleep.

A couple hours later...

𝓙𝓪𝔂𝓵𝓪'𝓼 𝓟𝓞𝓥,

I just came out the shower and I stood, staring at myself in the mirror. I look ratchet. I need my hair, nails, lashes, eyebrow's waxed. Everything done.