ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷𝟺

𝓙𝓪𝔂𝓵𝓪 𝓟𝓞𝓥,

As you already know it's been 4 months since i've left nyc. I been giving my mom her rent money still and I haven't heard from her in a while, usually she'll call me sending threats and running her mouth until she got the money.

I had a weird feeling considering it was a week past her payment time and she hadn't hit me up or nothing. So I booked a flight to return to the city to pay her a visit.

Darius wanted to come but I told him to stay home to watch Brownie and also nobody knows i've moved on and I didn't need the word going around that Duke's baby momma has a boyfriend.

I received good news this morning, Corey awoke from his coma and he's healing well but he had no memory of what took place. Maple told me whoever was out for him wanted him dead and the doctors said he's extremely lucky he survived.

He survived 3 gun shot wounds to his chest, the most fatal shot punctured his left lung.

I felt extremely guilty, if I never lied in the first place Corey wouldn't have gotten shot. I now see why Duke is not to mess with and why people highly fear him, that's why I'm glad i'm staying far away from him.

That's another reason I didn't want Darius coming down wimme too, Duke would send threats and ion want him to scare away my man.

I landed at jfk then got a taxi to my Condo, I kept it because i'm always going to visit here. There was no point of spending money on hotels when I got my crib.

I got in then ordered myself some food, ate it while watching Netflix, got some work done on my laptop and checked up on my stats for my nail salons. Then fell asleep in my comfortable bed, the thing I missed the most.

————

The next morning...

I got my hygiene together and dressed in a black nike tech and black jordan 4s. I wanted to be 'unseen', I didn't want to stand out and I especially didn't want Duke's corner boys to spot me.

My nike tech hoodie couldn't even zip up, I had to leave it open because my bump is giant. I'm carrying a bowling ball...

See now that joke got me reminiscing about the time where Duke taught me how to do bowling.

Sigh.

I miss him sometimes then after I feel like I miss him, the hurt and hatred flows in behind it.

"Good morning munchkin" I rubbed my bump. "What do you want to eat today bubba?"

I thought about what I wanted to eat for a bit. I ordered Ihop because there was absolutely nothing in here and if there was, it was definitely expired.

I ate my food feeding me and my baby then ordered a uber to my mother's address, my car was at home since I took the plane here.

I pulled up to her derelict house and sent two knocks to the door then waited for an answer.

There was none.

"Tina? Mom?" I called out, I ain't wanna knock again because then she'd think i'm the feds and I really cannot deal with another argument right now.

I kicked opened the door which was quite easy and I saw her passed out on the floor. "MOM!!!" I screamed running over.

An hour later...
𝙷𝚘𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚊𝚕📍