ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸𝟾

The next day...
𝙹𝚊𝚢𝚕𝚊'𝚜 𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎📍
𝟔:𝟏𝟐𝐀𝐌 🕕

𝓞𝓶𝓷𝓲𝓼𝓬𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓽 𝓟𝓞𝓥,

Duke's phone buzzed waking him out his sleep, he heard the car pull up in the driveway. It was a gated property, he gave Flock the remote to open the gates on Jayla's birthday.

He carefully unwrapped his arms from around Jayla then went into the bathroom to brush his teeth. Only wearing Calvin Klein boxers, he pulled on some purple basket ball shorts which matched his durag.

He rushed down the stairs seeing the figures behind the door, eager to see his daughter which he hasn't seen in person in years.

Taking a deep breath, he opened the door and saw a small brown skin girl with hazel eyes and curly hair.

"Daddy!" She squealed throwing herself onto his legs hugging him and he instantly picked her up, hugging his daughter tightly. "I missed you so much!"

"I missed you too lil girl, you ain't that little no more" he joked then peppered her cheeks with kisses. "Damn True, when did you get so heavy?"

"Hey! I'm not heavy!" She furrowed her brows and then they laughed in unison.

His took attention off his daughter then looked over at Candi who stood there awkwardly. He could tell she was uncomfortable.

His eyes locked with her hazel ones and he gave her a warm smile which she returned. "Thank you."

"You're welcome" she replied then glanced at Flock who just came over, bringing in their luggage.

"Jayla sleep?" He asked. "Just incase I mistake her scary ass for a ghost"

Duke sucked his teeth. "She not waking up till 11 with her lazy ass, unless Reek start crying that shorty jumps up quick like Raven when she has visions"

"Where should I put their stuff?"

"In the room opposite Reek's." He instructed. "Come inside da crib Candi, yeen cold?"

She stepped in sliding off her crocs then walked further into the crib as Duke closed the door.

"This you?"

"Nah I bought this for my other baby momma. Her birthday was yesterday" he explained placing True down.

"Oh."

"I'm hungry" True whined pouting.

"Oh you not feeding my daughter now?" He asked.

"Nigga we just got off the plane and came straight here. Stop playing with me" she rolled her eyes and he chuckled. "Where the food at"

He led them to the kitchen and made waffles and bacon with eggs for them.

"See you at the trap" Flock said leaving out.

"Ight. Imma holla at ya" Duke called out then poured apple juice into a cup then handed it to True. He couldn't stop looking at her, all his kids were perfect to him and to have 2/3 under the same roof was unbelievable and a dream come true.