ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟹𝟹

2 days later...

𝓞𝓶𝓷𝓲𝓼𝓬𝓲𝓮𝓷𝓽 𝓟𝓞𝓥,

A knock at the door drew Duke's attention. He knew Omar was coming over, he left Reek to play with his teddy and went over to open the door.

His eyes immediately glued to the small black girl who had an afro.

"Daddy?" She inquired staring up at his face seeing all his faint scars wondering if it was dirt.

"Lailah." He said enclosing her into a hug and picking her up. "Thank you Omar."

"No problem" he replied stepping in. "There's a couple things we need to talk about"

"Where is mommy?" The little girl asked, clueless.

"Mommy sent me to get you" Duke lied.

"I don't like Kody, he's scary. I don't wanna go back" she pleaded clinging onto her father tightly and Duke glared at the wall.

"That's what we need to talk about" Omar revealed. "Kody been—"

"Don't say it." Duke cut him off then kissed his daughter's forehead. "He's dying"

"He's dead." Omar revealed. "After knowing there was no way that nigga was finna live another minute, burned alive."

Duke nodded slowly then placed Lailah down. "Omar go clothes shopping and get girl stuff imma send you the money"

"A'ight" he responded then said goodbye to the little girl then left.

"What you wanna eat?" He asked but the girl remained silent.

"Where's mommy?"

She abandoned yo ass. He wanted to tell her.

"I don't know..."

"Dada!" Tyreek yelled from the living room.

Lailah cocked her head to the side hearing a baby voice.

"Come" Duke said leading out his hand and she took it following him into the living room. "This is yo baby brother Tyreek. Reek say hi"

"Hi!" He repeated going over to his dad then he stared at Lailah who waved at him.

"Don't be shy" their father encouraged but Lailah didn't say a word, she just stared at the boy blankly.

Duke figured if he left her to be then eventually she'd warm up to him.

His stomach couldn't stop turning knowing Lailah was neglected and it was all Niki's fault for getting with Kody. He didn't have to ask Omar for an explanation, he already knew. His gut told him.

>>>

𝓓𝓾𝓴𝓮 𝓚𝓮𝓮𝓯 𝓟𝓞𝓥,

"I m𝐢𝐬𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐧𝐧𝐧𝐧. 𝐁𝐚𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐭?" Jayla asked speaking from the burner phone I snuck in for her.