042

Chapter 42

The contract glowed and heated up, like a powerful invitation that Wen Jin couldn't resist. The imprint written in his body didn't even give him a chance to touch the Eternal Energy Stone; it directly dragged him into a place... filled with mechas.

Really, it was all mechas!

There were so many, probably hundreds, tightly arranged! If Wen Jin weren't petite and agile, it would likely be a problem to maneuver between them.

Wen Jin cautiously ran forward, continuing this action for at least ten minutes. However, even the fox was about to run out of breath, and he couldn't find an exit. Strangely, he couldn't use spiritual power here, and even the demon pill was missing.

Yes, it was nowhere to be found. Wen Jin could feel the emptiness in his abdomen. Apart from the memory and his clever brain, Wen Jin was now no different from an ordinary fox.

However, he didn't think such an epic demon pill robbery would happen to him. Who would dare to steal his demon pill so boldly and not be discovered by him? That would be truly impressive...

Besides, he was in the hovercar just a second ago. It was only after the contract started glowing that he suddenly appeared here.

So the only plausible explanation was that this might be a dream or some kind of illusion.

If he thought this way, the glowing contract could entirely be compared to a bridge that sent him into this illusion. The owner of this illusion, in all likelihood, was the other party of the contract, Devitt. And Devitt himself was very likely to be nearby.

Wen Jin had always felt that the contract inside him, apart from threatening his life, was almost useless and had an extremely weak presence. However, he didn't ignore or forget the contract. The fact that the Assyrians had him bind the contract meant that it obviously benefited them. And the threats to the Assyrians' lives were probably just a few specific points.

Dying from an energy core explosion was caused by issues in the way these ability users managed their energy. The creation of the contract shouldn't be related to dying from an energy core explosion. The most direct evidence was that, despite Devitt being so uncomfortable before, this contract showed no reaction.

But this guy had just passed out for a second, and this contract immediately started glowing. It was as if a lock had finally found its corresponding key. In other words, the existence of this contract likely benefited the Assyrians when this group of Assyrians fell into a coma. The contract would open a window for their contract beasts.

Wen Jin didn't know what opening this window could achieve, but he didn't want to be stuck here forever. Moreover, before he entered, Devitt's body was already in an unsafe state. That was the best time to input energy, but precisely at that moment, the contract sent him here.

He didn't know if his speculation was correct, but if this world was truly a creation of Devitt's imagination, the suffocated Wen Jin felt that after getting out, he definitely had to beat up Devitt.

Couldn't his world have more soft and cute things, a bit more fox-like, at least neater and more convenient for him to run around? Why did it have to be hundreds of mechas!

He was going crazy, running for so long without even seeing a head---

Just then, Wen Jin's ears suddenly moved, and his footsteps came to a halt. He heard a sound.

It was the kind of sound produced when a hovercar started, but louder and more resonant than a hovercar. The little fox's eyes lit up, and with his four legs, he sprinted rapidly towards the direction of the sound.