010

Chapter 010

In the afternoon, Devitt took Wen Jin for an examination. When they reached the laboratory, his steps halted. "Two rooms?"

He said this to Archie, who was walking beside him. The latter paused for a moment, not catching on immediately. After looking at the laboratory in front of them, he responded, "Oh, yes. Because many of your data need monitoring and recording for the Academy, so the examination is scheduled in the laboratory. There are more related instruments here... This recovery center wasn't originally equipped with a veterinary room. The doctors were transferred from a nearby planet a few days ago, and the equipment came with them. It's a bit large, so it's affiliated with the neighboring laboratory."

"A few days ago?" Devitt frowned.

"Yes... it was an emergency transfer," Archie explained, a bit embarrassed. "Originally, I wanted to bring Cai Cai, the veterinarian, here, but she's old and can't handle long-distance travel. Also, the time from the capital is too long, conflicting with the overall schedule. I personally screened the information about these medical teams, and there's a glass partition between this laboratory and the next one. There shouldn't be any issues. I'll have Cai Cai accompany it later."

"Mobile equipment." Devitt stood at the door, frowning as he glanced at the veterinary team in the adjacent room. "Can't it be moved to the main laboratory?"

"No way," Archie helplessly explained. "Some of the things they brought are too large and really can't fit in."

As his words fell, Devitt's thin lips had already pursed into a straight line. He knew his question just now was somewhat redundant. If it was possible to arrange it in one room or let him accompany the little one during the examination, Archie wouldn't have neglected it. Devitt lowered his head, looking at the small fox sleeping contentedly in his arm. He reached out, pinching Wen Jin's ears and rubbing them with his fingertips.

This little fellow had been sleeping comfortably in the afternoon. When Devitt called him earlier, he refused to wake up, so Devitt simply carried him over.

In Devitt's eyes, Wen Jin was like a little one who had just been born. He was intelligent, but still, he was only this big. Devitt always had to be careful when holding him, wondering if he used too much force. Sending him to a medical team whose details he wasn't clear about made him uneasy. However, this little fellow was bound to him and would stay with him all the time as a contracted beast. There would be even more dangerous situations when entering the battlefield in the future.

Thinking about this, Wen Jin, who was still being incessantly disturbed by Devitt's ear-rubbing actions, was thoroughly awakened.

The fox had already been half-awake due to the conversation they had from the moment they started walking. However, having slept enough in the afternoon, and because he was sleeping on Devitt's body, which he liked, he was still very comfortable.

Foxes with full bellies and satisfied hearts were usually in a good mood. Wen Jin snuggled in Devitt's arms, the adult forgetting the little one's awakening, ignored the matter, turned his furry head, yawned widely, and teary-eyed, looked at Devitt with sleepy eyes.

"Hooh?" What's happening?

Devitt rubbed his head, turned to Archie, and shook his head. "No need, let's do it separately. I'll take it in first."

Go in? Where to?

Speaking of it, it seemed that the spiritual energy had become very thin since just now. Did Devitt take him out of the room? Is there something delicious?

Thinking of this, Wen Jin's ears flicked, and he immediately propped up his upper body with his paws. Curiously looking around, he lightly swayed his tail. His eyes were almost sparkling, completely disregarding the fact that he looked a bit silly.