049

Chapter 49

During this period, there was an extremely intense shift in the atmosphere regarding contract beasts in Assyria. Numerous colosseums in the capital city closed overnight. Even the remaining few reduced their activities secretly.

A subtle change was quietly taking root and sprouting in this empire.

Since Wen Jin woke up, Devitt's work had finally returned to normal. During this time, he shuttled back and forth to the research institute and underwent a thorough and publicly disclosed physical examination.

The examination report shocked the entire research institute.

Undoubtedly, his energy was strong, but what surprised everyone the most was that the energy storm that could almost explode the measuring instruments within Devitt's body had completely disappeared!

When this news came out, Kasie next to him was so happy that he almost wanted to go back and sell all his family's assets to buy a pile of small jerky for Wen Jin!

Completely disappeared!

What did this mean for high-level ability users? Extended lifespan! Among these officers under Devitt, they were more concerned about Devitt's energy storm than fearing their own. Originally, they were hoping that when the research institute developed a method, it might delay the onset of the marshal's energy storm. However, they never expected it to directly disappear!

Although Professor Lin did not deliberately lead the phenomenon of Devitt's body recovering towards Wen Jin, others knew in their hearts that Devitt's physical recovery was definitely related to the little fox.

If they were still trapped in the bias caused by the environment when the zerg poison disappeared and did not realize the credit of the little fox, during the days when Devitt was unconscious and when Eve woke up, they all witnessed it.

Especially in the zerg poison experiment, Eve's awakening provided the most complete process records for detoxification. Due to the location being in the research institute, her records were much more comprehensive than Devitt's.

In addition, shortly after Eve woke up, her blood sample was directly extracted, and there were still traces of the purification elixir in it. Professor Lin had been neglecting food and sleep for several days, and the production of the antidote had entered the mid-term.

On this day, when Devitt completed the last examination and received an excellent numerical value, he was ready to go home.

Wen Jin had been in a bad mood, refusing to sleep with him, and the little guy was afraid of the cold. How could Devitt bear to let him sleep in a corner? After understanding that the little one didn't want to sleep with him rather than not wanting to sleep on the bed, the living room sofa became his loyal companion at night.

As for why he didn't sleep in the guest room, it was purely because the living room was a bit closer to the master bedroom. If he didn't close the door, he could still vaguely see the little fox curled up in bed.

However, this state couldn't be maintained for too long. Devitt didn't like any gaps between him and Wen Jin, not even a centimeter.

"Professor Lin," as Devitt was about to leave, he suddenly remembered something, turned back, and found that the other researchers in the laboratory had gone to eat, only Professor Lin remained in front of his desk, looking at the instruments, "Where is Dr. Chen?"

He was referring to Chen Xiong, and it had been a long time since he last saw him.

"Oh?" Professor Lin paused, thought for a moment, shook his head, "Dr. Chen is not part of the staff. He appeared in the research institute during this time solely because of those contract beasts poisoned on the food street. Now that the poison in those contract beasts is mostly resolved, he doesn't appear much."