022

Chapter 022

The creatures in the room all quieted down, but Wen Jin, who was on the head of the giant creature, felt distressed.

The barrier didn't consume much spiritual energy, but the roar he just let out used his spiritual awareness. In just that moment, the amount of spiritual energy absorbed was equivalent to a piece of spiritual stone. Relying on his own cultivation, excluding time spent on eating and playing, in this environment, and with the lack of good demonic pills, it would take at least three days. Counting on his claws, Wen Jin felt like his heart was swelling with pain.

On the other side, watching the small fox lying arrogantly on the giant creature's head, drooping its eyes in a kingly disdainful manner, the people in the room were completely baffled.

Such creatures, exceeding five meters in size, were collectively called giant creatures in the empire. They possessed astonishing combat power and a certain level of intelligence. Even the military wouldn't easily capture them; sending out a whole team required careful planning. Moreover, because these giant creatures usually didn't attack humans casually and were good at hiding, most of the time they chose to coexist peacefully. Once conflicts arose, the loss of manpower and resources for capturing such a large creature could be quite substantial. However, now, a palm-sized little fox not only subdued the giant creature in an instant but also nestled on its head. Moreover, the latter's terrifying face unexpectedly revealed a trace of... docility?

No, not just that giant creature, but also the small creatures in the isolation boxes outside, and some equally intimidating ones behind the giant creature, all behaved well.

What was happening, what was the situation...?

The people on the other side of the glass isolation room had stiff expressions. Only Devitt, after the initial pause, raised his head to look at the small fox lying calmly, then continued to use the heavy iron chain to tether one of the giant creature's legs. Afterward, he leaped onto the creature's head, gently cradling the little creature into his arms.

"Woo..." Wen Jin, still feeling upset, drooped his eyelids. His long white eyelashes looked pitiful, and he softly said, "You have to compensate me with spiritual stones, a hundred times, a thousand times, the best kind!"

Devitt patted his furry head, his gaze softened.

The energy barrier that the little fox had just opened might not be easily sensed by people farther away, but Devitt was different. The barrier was opened to protect him, so his perception of it was the most practical.

In fact, when he rushed up earlier, he was prepared for injury. In the past, he wouldn't put such a large creature in his eyes no matter how many there were. However, the current situation was different. Considering his current physical condition and the chaotic energy of the other party, it indeed posed a significant threat to him.

But he couldn't develop a sense of retreat just because there was a threat and danger. He was wearing a military uniform with a military emblem in his heart. It's just that he didn't expect that in such a dangerous situation, the little fox would suddenly rush up to protect him.

This little guy had always hidden his abilities, not even revealing much to him. Now, however, to protect him, the little fox exposed itself in front of so many people.

Watching the dejected appearance of the little white fox, he felt a bit distressed. He gently pinched the soft ears of the little fox and then, holding him, descended from the head of the giant creature to the floor.

The ferocious light in the eyes of the giant creature had disappeared by now. When it looked at Wen Jin in Devitt's arms, its gaze was filled with intimacy, awe, and surprisingly, a bit of regret and... displeasure when it sensed that Wen Jin had been carried away.