027

Chapter 27

When the contracted beast known as the Battle King was brought onto the stage, not only did the expressions of Devitt's side change, but the audience also had some comments.

"Hey, hey, why switch to comparing contracted beasts instead of people? And there's a significant size difference."

"Can you change the challenger at the last minute? First time hearing about it. Did JU get scared seeing the black mask on stage? When one is on the stage and the other is below, it's not clear, but when they stand together, in terms of stature and momentum, it's clear who is superior."

"Why do you all call him J God? J God also sent out his contracted beast. Both are bonded beasts, and strength is completely determined by the owner. Where's the unfairness?"

"Comic face, contracted beasts don't have special abilities. The provider of special abilities is still the owner, so there's no difference. GQ on the stage has already accepted it. Let's just enjoy the show."

The audience section became chaotic, but it didn't affect the people on stage at all. Since Wen Jin's roar, Devitt had directly accepted the challenge.

Archie still had some worries, but he knew that Devitt's decision was not something anyone could influence. After thinking for a moment, he stood on the side.

"This is my contracted beast, Tiger King." Since the contracted beasts were brought up, even though JU was unhappy due to the beast's earlier withdrawal, he couldn't back out now. Besides, he couldn't find a better choice than Tiger King. After all, Tiger King was not only powerful but also possessed an energy core, which most Assyrian contracted beasts lacked.

"Please don't misunderstand. After bonding, the energy core of the contracted beast and the owner are bound together. The contracted beast does not possess special abilities, so the special abilities are still provided by the owner. Big Hammer's judgment is based on the strength of special abilities. In other words, using the contracted beast to represent the owner is entirely acceptable." Recognizing the audience's emotions, JU opened the miniature microphone and explained to them.

"Why not just go up yourself—!" Someone shouted from below.

"Because I want to take this opportunity to let everyone get to know Tiger King." JU blinked his eyes. "I know many people have significant prejudices against contracted beasts. Tiger King and I bonded not long ago, and I don't want to keep it a secret from everyone in this matter—"

This statement was skillfully crafted, full of the implication of taking advantage and being modest. Moreover, JU's voice was genuinely pleasant. He didn't use an overly gentle tone, instead, it carried a sense of clarity and sincerity, coupled with the unique charm of the Yuta people. The emotions of the audience below were quickly being smoothed out by him.

However, at this moment, a voice interrupted him. It was Wen Jin. His paw impatiently tapped Devitt's arm. "Hoo-hoo! Why aren't you comparing?"

Feeling the soft and slightly cool little cushion under his foot, Devitt squinted his eyes and unexpectedly felt that it had some weight to it. So he lowered his head, picked up Wen Jin's little paw, and took a look.

It didn't matter if he didn't look, but as soon as he did, a slight smile involuntarily curved Devitt's lips.

The little paw had become quite round now, different from its previous thin appearance, as if it could break at any moment. When he pinched it slightly, there was a noticeable fleshy feel. If Wen Jin gave an impression of being thin and weak before, now he was probably...

Robust.

Wen Jin's attention was entirely on Big Hammer's side at the moment, not paying much attention to Devitt's actions, and he had no idea what was going on in his mind.