051

Chapter 51

"Kai Kai—!"

Accompanied by a sharp scream, rushing towards Wen Jin was a black and white mixed-fur... dog.

As it approached, Wen Jin's face was full of disbelief. He had seen dogs before, but perhaps due to its size, this one was unusually large.

However, the dog didn't manage to reach Wen Jin successfully.

When it was a little distance away from Wen Jin, it seemed to suddenly catch a scent and gazed at Wen Jin with a mix of fear and longing. Just as its movements slowed down, a figure appeared in front of Wen Jin, grabbing the collar around the big dog's neck.

Then, the large dog, due to inertia, was lifted half a meter by DeVitt and then swayed to the side.

The big dog was stunned, obviously not accustomed to being lifted like that. It looked bewildered.

As it turned its eyes to Wen Jin, the fluffy white ball on the ground—confident and eager to impress in front of its crush—the big dog landed and immediately turned around menacingly. However, upon seeing DeVitt, its large face instantly drooped, and the once mighty growl in its throat became hesitant, "Woof..."

Wen Jin was instantly amused by its appearance, possibly due to playing with small rodents and chicks earlier. His mood was good, and he had plenty of patience for this little monster.

Seeing the big dog somewhat disheartened after the feeble growl, Wen Jin even reached out a comforting paw and waved it in the air, attempting to console the dog.

---But the big dog was too large, and Wen Jin couldn't quite reach its chin.

With a frustrated retraction of the paw, Wen Jin was about to pretend that nothing had happened. Suddenly, the big dog lowered its head, extended its long tongue, as if wanting to lick the small fluffy ball.

When it stuck out its tongue, Wen Jin immediately took a few steps back, and DeVitt suddenly stepped forward, blocking the big dog's advance.

In that instant of DeVitt's action, the woman who had been chasing the big dog ended up colliding directly with DeVitt!

It was a very clever move; if DeVitt had stepped back according to the momentum, he would have stepped on Wen Jin. Unable to go left or right, in a stalemate, he was perfectly bumped into.

Instantly, DeVitt's brows furrowed. The moment his feet stabilized, he subtly withdrew from the collision.

Wen Jin, wide-eyed, unconsciously watched.

"Sorry!" The woman, not used to much exercise, was panting heavily from the short run. After accidentally bumping into someone, she felt a bit dizzy, her face slightly flushed. When DeVitt moved away, she almost lost her balance.

With a swaying appearance, as if she could bump into DeVitt again at any moment, Wen Jin, on the ground, stared wide-eyed. Seeing DeVitt, who clearly saw the other person wobbling but didn't release the big dog and leave, Wen Jin suddenly felt a bit uneasy.

After a good half minute, the woman finally stopped, her gaze falling on DeVitt's action of holding the collar. Her face showed some tension. "I'm sorry, it was because I couldn't hold him back all of a sudden..."

As she spoke, she reached out and pulled the rope on the collar, her eyes still swaying towards DeVitt, seemingly afraid he would do something to Kai Kai.

Everyone had witnessed that scene, the speed... this person's mental strength must be very strong.

People with strong mental strength usually aren't easy to deal with, thought Shen Yue. If this person doesn't let go of Kai Kai, what should be done?