054

Chapter 54

Wen Jin hadn't seen the weapons those people held before, but he knew what this posture meant.

Watching as the man leading the group of soldiers slightly raised his hand, the soldiers tightened their grips on their weapons. Wen Jin narrowed his eyes and exerted a little force with his claws against the rooftop.

"Roar!" A deafening sound echoed, accompanied by a formidable spiritual energy. Wen Jin witnessed many soldiers holding guns, standing a bit closer to the front, uncontrollably shaking their weapons.

Wen Jin, pressing his claws against the rooftop's edge, frowned as he looked over. Then, in mid-air, he looked at Chen Xiong's reddened eyes.

Wen Jin hesitated for a moment, somewhat surprised as he seriously observed Chen Xiong's expression. Seeing him glaring persistently at the soldiers in front of him, Wen Jin withdrew his claws.

Different from Wen Jin, who stood on the rooftop from afar, the roar seemed like a provocation to the soldiers lined up in front of Chen Xiong. Especially the pressure that followed the roar immediately caused some to grit their teeth.

"Brigadier! This contract beast is likely out of control. Requesting action!"

"No, Professor Lin is still behind it." The person addressed as the brigadier pressed down his hat brim, his gaze falling on the herd of contract beasts frantically escaping behind the black bear. His eyes darkened, recalling the scene just now, and he said through gritted teeth, "Someone who suddenly turns into a contract beast... what a joke!"

"We can't wait any longer, Brigadier. It's clearly stalling for time—"

Before the speaker finished, as if to respond to what he said, a roar louder than the black bear's reverberated.

"Giant, giant beast..." someone in the crowd exclaimed, "The seven-meter giant beast from the research institute earlier..."

Wen Jin took a closer look and found that, as those people said, running towards them were not only the giant beast that Wen Jin had sat on earlier... but also the tiger king that Wen Jin had ridden.

Seeing this, Wen Jin retracted his claws and watched the suddenly chaotic scene below, squinting his eyes.

At this moment, the number of contract beasts frantically escaping behind Chen Xiong had become fewer and fewer. Apparently, most of the forces had already run away, and these two monstrous creatures brought by the tiger king suddenly appearing had instantly reversed the situation that had just leaned entirely towards the soldiers.

Wen Jin didn't know how powerful the weapons of those humans were, but with a transformed contract beast, not to mention capturing it alive, escaping would be a piece of cake...
Wait, escape?

Wen Jin was momentarily puzzled, suddenly feeling that something was off.

Exactly, with Chen Xiong's abilities, escaping from such a scene was a piece of cake. Even if transforming back to the original form was to buy time for the contract beast behind him to escape, considering the herd of contract beasts had already scattered, he could easily seize the opportunity to escape. Why stay here, and why did several giant beasts run back, seemingly ready for a confrontation?

Wen Jin sniffed and looked seriously at the figure behind Chen Xiong. The scent was undoubtedly Professor Lin, and there was a hint of blood... Was he injured?

While Wen Jin assessed the situation, the brigadier, lifting his hand, wiped off a bead of sweat on his forehead. He glanced at the two sudden monstrous creatures behind Chen Xiong, then turned his gaze to several buildings of the research institute that were just within reach of one paw. His eyes darkened.