032

Chapter 32

"Marshal, I know many people blame me for this, but you're different. You should understand the necessity of the alliance with the Yuta Star Union for Assyria, right?"

In a floating car, Kase was driving, Mark was in the co-driver seat, and in the back seats, Cook and Devitt, who squeezed into the car just before departure. Sitting diagonally between them were Cook's assistant and a clerk.

Devitt's face was cold. Since getting into the car, he had hardly spoken a few words. Cook, on the other hand, was incessantly talking, to the point that Kase almost wondered if this guy didn't want to live.

Making peace with Yuta was like trampling on the dignity of their border warriors. Devitt wished he could hang Cook up and give him a thorough beating. Can this person really expect the marshal to forgive him? If there was a chance, he really wanted to create a customized competition for Cook, focusing on the thickness of the imperial face.

"I admit it's my fault to agree to let the accompanying troops enter. Okay? But at this point, I really hope you will take charge of the defense work. I will report directly to the Prime Minister about this." Cook, seeing how Devitt was avoiding him, decided to be direct. "Anyway, Marshal also needs an opportunity to return to the military with real power, right?"

Cook emphasized the word "Marshal" intentionally.

Earlier, when he went to see Devitt, he was told that the marshal had already left the military. He rushed to the parking lot, barely made it onto Devitt's floating car, and nearly tore his tight trousers in the process.

"Open the window." It took a while, but Devitt finally uttered his first sentence since Cook got into the car.

Kase chuckled. Although he had heard about the awkward incident involving Cook these past two days, it wasn't such a big deal now. But just to be safe, when Cook got into the car, Kase left the window halfway down. Now, he decided to lower it completely.

The cool wind blew on Cook's face. "..."

"This is an invitation." After holding back for a while and squeezing out a chrysanthemum-like smile, Cook took out a hot-stamped golden envelope from his pocket.

In Assyria, the higher the level of the banquet, the more they liked to use these ancient-style invitation letters. The one Cook took out, with its gilded edges and the quality of the sealing wax, was undoubtedly of a state banquet level.

Obviously, this was the banquet Assyria was using to entertain Yuta envoys.

Devitt didn't take it.

Cook was used to it. He treated Devitt's lack of response as if he hadn't seen it, placing the invitation on the floating car.

Devitt's gaze fell outside the window. They would reach the apartment soon. He really wanted to stop the car and throw Cook out, but they were on the special high-speed lane, where parking wasn't allowed. Besides, they were heading to his apartment.

His gaze revealed a faint displeasure.

Seeing this, Cook smiled, "Oh, how come I don't see you with that little furball today? It has stirred up quite a storm online recently."

Cook couldn't have missed the live broadcast. Unlike Devitt, who was busy with defense arrangements all day, the public opinion sector was something the Senate always paid close attention to.

And this explosive news about the fox proving its recovery, standing out for the whole galaxy to see, Devitt must have known about it as soon as the information was available.

"Marshal, you might not know, but during the time you were unconscious, there have been breakthroughs in the research institute regarding the contract beasts." Cook smiled, then suddenly lowered his voice, saying mysteriously, "They suspect that contract beasts have intelligence."