045

Chapter 45

Back in the Primordial Continent, when royal families got married, they used to send many, many boxes filled with various sparkling treasures. These boxes were said to be called "betrothal gifts."

Wen Jin knew this because for a few years, there was an exceptionally skilled royal chef in the imperial palace during the time when Wen Jin cheekily mooched food and drinks by relying on his handsome appearance.

Though not a long period—just a few decades—Wen Jin had seen numerous "betrothal gifts" during that time. Consequently, he considered himself somewhat familiar with this tradition.

Initially, Wen Jin found it hard to understand. He thought when two people got married, as long as they liked each other, that should be sufficient. Why did these humans always indulge in various chaotic ceremonies? Carrying these boxes around was truly troublesome, and yet, each time they opened the boxes, their faces would be filled with joy and delight.

After observing many times, Wen Jin realized the contents of these boxes were more or less the same. Thus, he couldn't comprehend the reason behind their excitement.

However, at this moment, Wen Jin seemed to understand the absurd obsession of those foolish humans on the Primordial Continent with these boxes.

As Devitt reached out and opened the largest toy car, revealing a mountain of luminous spirit stones inside, Wen Jin felt his heart melt. The fiery temper he had in the dream, where his white fur was burned off, vanished instantly. It was as if the whole fluffed-up fox had been flattened.

"Ahwoo!" So many!

After a brief pause, the little white fox immediately rushed forward, placing both paws on the pile of energy stones. The fluffy tail behind him swayed several times, and his excited eyes reflected the gleam of water-element spirit stones. Wen Jin looked extremely thrilled.

It was all water-element energy, and all of them were top-grade, even better than the ten spirit stones he had absorbed the last time. Wen Jin vowed that during his time in the Primordial Continent, he had never seen extracted spirit stones so pure and clean!

Moreover, there were so many!

Watching as Devitt successively opened enough toy cars to surround Wen Jin, revealing the spirit stones inside, a deep sense of nostalgia for the mountain of spirit stones surfaced in Wen Jin's heart, thinking about the times when he used to play in the pile of spirit stones, bringing forth a sense of luxury.

Wen Jin shook his large tail abruptly, leaped up, and knocked over several toy cars with his white fur paws. Seeing the bed filled with spirit stones, he felt the extremely pure spiritual power emanating from them. Wen Jin even whimsically considered rolling directly into the pile of spirit stones!

Having this thought, Wen Jin indeed acted on it.

With a forceful push of his hind legs, he plunged into the sea of spirit stones. Rolling back and forth, feeling the spirit stones glide across his body, Wen Jin was overwhelmed with happiness!

Then, when Wen Jin, absorbed in his joyful rolling, reached the eighth round, his movements froze, and he met Devitt's eyes.

"Ahwoo!" Covering his ears as he swiftly sat up from the pile of spirit stones, he didn't forget to scratch his cheek with his claws.

Afterward, Wen Jin lowered his head and glanced at the scattered spirit stones on the bed. He extended his white fur paws to one side and then the other, gathering all the scattered spirit stones toward his own direction. Each stone was positioned at least twenty centimeters away from Devitt.