014

Chapter 014

"Howl-howl-howl! You're the one who's a girl! Your whole family is a bunch of girls! Can't you speak properly? Where are you touching with your hands!"

Wen Jin was genuinely angry. Suspecting him of being a girl was one thing, but when he transformed into a human and roamed around, encountering people from the human tribe who couldn't distinguish a fox's gender was common. He had gotten used to it. However, the problem was that this person seemed to enjoy touching randomly!

A paw forcefully slapped away Dewitt's hand. This time, Wen Jin used more strength, leaving three white claw marks on Dewitt's hand. He then flipped forward, took two steps forward with his hind legs raised high, pressed his front legs down, turned his head, glared fiercely, and emitted an impatient growling sound from his throat, expressing his displeasure while staring at Dewitt.

"Howl-howl - I've been too indulgent with you, which has led to your unruliness now. If there's a next time, I'll definitely scratch your face!"

Dewitt, still a novice in interpreting a contract beast's emotions, evidently didn't quite understand what it meant when the little one raised his butt towards him. Was it an invitation to be touched again? Glancing at the three white claw marks on his hand, Dewitt silently withdrew that thought.

"Do you really dislike being touched?" Dewitt concluded after retracting his hand. Even though this little one had been around for a long time, causing a commotion as usual, it was the first time he had caused any substantial harm... although these minor scratches didn't qualify as real injuries, Dewitt could clearly sense the resistance.

"Howl-howl! Can't you see where you're touching? Is there anyone who can touch anywhere down there? Do you know what respect is? Do you know what 'men don't touch each other' means? If I randomly touched you, would you be happy?"

Wen Jin grumbled and shouted, shaking his head and then furiously sharpening his claws on the blanket. The scratching sounds were making Dewitt's scalp tingle.

However, Dewitt took it as the little one agreeing with what he had just said. He didn't think much of it; everyone had their sensitivities, and there was nothing strange about not liking to be touched in certain places. What he did realize was that he had been rubbing for quite a while just now... and it seemed he really hadn't touched anything that could prove the little one was a boy.

Is he too small, or has he been misunderstanding all along? Is this really a female beast? The last medical examination report hasn't come out yet. He should definitely ask the veterinarian about it later.

Noticing the still fierce gaze from the little fox, Dewitt pondered while reaching for the snacks Archie had left on the nearby cabinet. He casually picked out a can of jerky.

Seeing his actions, Wen Jin's internal alarm bells rang loudly. His black bean-like eyes stared at Dewitt, and he exclaimed, "Howl-howl! Don't use the same trick every time. Do you think I'll forgive you easily just because you offer me something delicious?"

"Wanna eat?" Dewitt extended his hand, placing the jerky in front of Wen Jin.

"Howl!" I won't eat!... But it smells so good.

"Lunch is in two and a half hours; have some now," Dewitt said, and then suddenly a "ding-" sounded from his wristwatch.

Wen Jin stared at the jerky, silently swallowing his saliva. In his heart, he scolded himself for lacking backbone, but when he heard the sound, his eyes instantly lit up.

He had heard this sound before; basically, every time someone was about to arrive, this sound would be there. Does this mean someone else is coming?

Seeing Dewitt's slightly furrowed brows, Wen Jin couldn't help but wag his tail behind his butt. His small eyes sparkled. He thought, "Hurry up, someone, hurry up! Get rid of the big fool so I can eat the jerky!"