033

Chapter 33

"How high are the readings, nuclear magnetic in the millions?" Inside the Capital Energy Monitoring Station, a man dressed in a general's uniform stood behind a screen, pushed his glasses, "At least A-level 5th stage esper?"

The technician in front of him glanced at the data on the screen, swallowed hard, "Yes, General Sen, but I've been unable to contact General Kase's communicator."

Another technician in the room spoke, "General, we've detected that the nearby location is the Marshal's residence. Could it be related to the Marshal?"

"He's wearing a suppression ring; it shouldn't be him. Moreover, his esper wave frequency is recorded in the station," Sen tilted his head, "Are there no one else in that vicinity?"

"There is, Mr. Cook, and... General, we received communication from an internal staff member right near the energy waves!" The researcher exclaimed, suddenly alert.

"Connect." Sen's expression turned very serious. In the capital star, the absence of a suppression ring for an A-level 5th stage esper was quite terrifying. An esper of such strength, not yet officially recorded, could create a huge wave in the capital star. The energy monitoring station would definitely be held accountable.

Moreover, a 5th stage esper... How many years had it been since the Empire last had one?

The SABC rank was inherently determined, meaning that at the moment of a baby's birth, their innate talent level could be assessed. If a newborn had exceptional talent, it would be officially recorded. The esper stage, on the other hand, was developed through postnatal training.

Apart from Devitt, there was no second person in the Empire with an S-level talent. But a 5th stage was also an extremely formidable realm, and it needed to be thoroughly investigated!

---

"A nuclear magnetic reading in the millions?!" Kase, upon receiving the news, was also shocked.

Mark was still outside evacuating the crowd. After a brief contact with the monitoring station, the report from Chen, who was in contact with them, left Kase with eyes wide open.

A nuclear magnetic reading in the millions meant at least an A-level 5th stage esper. He himself was only at A-level 3rd stage. Reaching the 5th stage in any esper rank was exceptionally difficult, even for a Marshal, who would typically only have a 4th stage esper.

And, and...

Kase's gaze fell on Wen Jin. Wasn't this a magical beast's doing? Hasn't Assyrian always said that magical beasts couldn't possess energy cores? Are today's magical beasts so different from those of hundreds of years ago, capable of creating a giant ice cone that pierces through a house?

He had previously thought that this little white ball looked so soft, perhaps it could be exploited as a soft spot for the Marshal and attacked at any time. But now... Kase raised his head and looked at the sturdy ice cone, then at the small white ball standing on Devitt, lifting its tail and displaying a quarrelsome appearance. He silently swallowed a mouthful of saliva.

This soft spot was unexpectedly tough.

"Are you injured?" Ignoring Wen Jin's evasions, Devitt directly pinched the little fox's ice-cold paw, then held it in his hand, pinching and transferring some warmth.

"Ah-woo-woo! No!" Wen Jin withdrew his paw, looking very angry. He felt that what happened just now was definitely not his responsibility alone. Devitt should also bear some blame. What was he doing alone sneaking into the room to secretly watch those messy little films so late at night?