044

Chapter 44

In the dream, Wen Jin struggled desperately in the embrace of the iron ball. Finally, in a fit of anger, he couldn't take it anymore and slapped it.

In that instant, he woke up.

The scene at that time was warm yellow light, a soft large bed, his handsome self, and Devitt burying his head in his belly.

Wen Jin: "..."

"Awake." At the moment when Wen Jin silently raised his paw to prepare for a slap, Devitt's head buried in his small belly lifted, and their eyes met in the air.

Ignoring him, Wen Jin lowered his head to check Devitt's core, breathed a sigh of relief when he found nothing wrong, then turned to twist his waist to inspect his own back fur. After confirming there was no baldness or charring, Wen Jin stared at Devitt with a contemptuous look and said, "Ah ah ah." Spending three days just for a core, you're really something, it hurts so much!

"Hungry or not?" Devitt, with one hand dragging Wen Jin's head, looked at him with gentle blue eyes that could scare people.

Wen Jin stared at Devitt in a daze, feeling that something was off. After a while, he finally reacted to what the other was saying, stuck out his tongue to lick his nose, and whispered, "Hungry."

Like performing magic, Devitt brought over a pre-prepared meat can and placed it beside Wen Jin. Then, he personally took out a piece of jerky to feed Wen Jin.

Biting the jerky, the little fox's eyes rolled, still feeling that something was off.

Firstly, when he passed out, he was clearly in the floating car, and now... why does it seem like he's back home? Secondly, the big guy's attitude was too scary. Although this guy had always been good to him, this kind of soft glow on his face made the fox's fur stand on end; he was definitely not like this before!

"Your eyes are so dark." Wen Jin, who was used to sleeping as much as he wanted, didn't know what dark circles were. He stretched out his paw, bit the jerky, and pressed on Devitt's eye corner. A hint of playfulness flashed in the fox's eyes. "Ugly."

Devitt squinted, "Don't eat too much jerky; the main course is being prepared."

Wen Jin, holding the small piece of jerky with both paws, touched his mouth, still feeling that something was off. He thought there should be more issues besides Devitt's eyes turning black. Why did things suddenly change like this?

He remembered when he lowered Devitt's temperature; at first, he didn't pass out. At that time, he seemed to have felt someone opening the floating car's door. Moreover, after Devitt's ability disorder disappeared, he seemed to have briefly awakened under stress. Back then... it seemed to be in the research institute?

"Did we return home?" Biting the jerky, Wen Jin looked at the walls that had been restored to their original state, and immediately recalled some unpleasant memories. He forcefully kicked Devitt with his hind leg.

Gripping the little fox's hind leg, Devitt felt the paw, which had not been as robust for the past seven days, and gently pinched it. Silently, he added three more dishes to Wen Jin's dinner menu.

"Why?" Wen Jin hadn't forgotten about this guy sponging off him. With vigilance, he withdrew his paw, glaring at Devitt. "Don't touch randomly!"

"You seem repulsed when I touch you." Stepping on the cushion that was wrestled away, Devitt didn't stop and asked back.

"Nonsense, do you like others touching you?"

"That depends on who it is." Devitt felt the warmth coming from the cushion, as if finally believing it was a reality. He reached up and pressed his temple.