038

Chapter 38

On this day, researchers working hard at the research institute and those who insisted on rushing to the scene to see the excitement not only witnessed the corridors filled with bugs but also had the privilege of seeing Marshal Devitt, who had not appeared in public since his recovery, and... his home furball having a quarrel.

To be precise, it was his home furball straightening its small chest and howling at the marshal fiercely for half an hour on the spot.

And there was a short segment, which was recorded as a video, anonymously posted on the interstellar network. Although it was quickly harmonized by the network administrators, it couldn't stop the few minutes of rapid spread in the online world.

Soon, various forums were once again flooded with posts of different poses.

Among them, the post titled "[Video, Have you seen it?]" stood out with an exceptionally high number of replies and likes on a certain forum.

Pig: I've watched it. I have to say the little furball is really cute. Admire the marshal's self-control; I would definitely not resist squeezing that fluffy tail!

Anti-Pact Beast Stability Association: Hehe, Marshal Devitt has also fallen. Letting a pact beast climb on his head, the Assyrians' faces have all been lost to him. Truly disgusting.

Domineering Marshal, Pretty Furball: Oh my, what era is it now? How is this anti-Pact Beast mentality still around? My male god can slap you to death with just two tails, still embarrassing Assyria? Shut up, please.

Original Flavor Chicken: Why are you all focusing on the pact beast? Am I the only one who noticed something black on the ground at 12 minutes and 22 seconds when the camera shook? Everything around was clean, but the floor was completely black. Can any experts analyze it? It's too abrupt.

When Did the White Furball Get a Name: +1, I saw it too. Someone in the neighboring tall building used professional software to pause and zoom in on that small corner. It's undoubtedly bugs. But the shooting location is the research institute. How could bugs appear? Moreover, everyone saw the white furball's smooth and shiny appearance in the previous live broadcasts. Not to mention the reversed fur in the video, the paws also looked injured, and the marshal has been carrying it. I just want to know when the official side will come out and give an explanation. The marshal was attacked outside, fine. But being harmed by villains at home? I feel chilled for my male god.

Nai: Chilled to the heart +1. The zerg invasion inland is not the first or second time, and it's mostly related to the mechanical personnel. Now, bugs directly entered the research institute? What about the heavy military guarding that the military department promised? Don't push the blame onto my just-recovered male god later?

Zhengzheng: Um, this incident makes everyone very sad. But my cousin is from the research institute. I can't go into details, but according to what they said, although the number of bugs in this attack is not small, it seems that the mother bug was still dealt with by the little white furball. They said the little furball has abilities and released five or six ice cones that pierced the mother bug. The internal investigation is ongoing, and no information is being released.

Feitian: ??? Upstairs, is it true that the white furball has abilities? Weren't those from the research institute always saying that pact beasts couldn't possibly have abilities?

Shiye: Pact beasts can have ability cores?? Is this for real? Don't spread rumors just for the thrill of it.

Cute Duo: Oh my, I knew it! I found it strange when it reached fifty thousand abilities. I also have a pact beast, but my two idiots at home can't even receive one-tenth of my clever brain. I said it was abnormal to have fifty thousand! So, saying that pact beasts are useless is just self-sabotage. The ancient pact beasts were so strong, and just because they've been down and out for a few decades, you think everything genetically embedded in them has been washed away? From today onwards, I'll firmly stand with the marshal, bringing my two idiots along!