019

Chapter 019

Wen Jin deliberately stared at Devitt, who was already preparing to take a bath early in the morning, freezing the latter's movements.

Once the door was closed, sniffing the faint scent in the air, Wen Jin couldn't help but secretly chuckle. He thought, young people will be young people. He wondered what kind of dream this guy had last night. Usually, he seemed quite honest, but it seemed that things were different behind closed doors. The incident of being pulled into bed while tutoring homework last night, Wen Jin decided to overlook it.

After stretching comfortably in bed, Wen Jin used his spiritual awareness to scan his body. He found that the internal injuries were mostly healed, making him quite satisfied. Thinking that the medicine he refined played a crucial role, he now only needed to wait for the demon pill to be completely repaired. Once that happened, ensuring abundant spiritual power, he could then deal with that contract and ponder a way to break through the void and return to the Honghuang Continent.

However, after a satisfying breakfast and listening to Archie's conversation, Wen Jin learned that they were about to reach their destination.

Wen Jin had known they were inside a fast-moving magical device. He could sense the surroundings, but when he first heard the three words "destination," he wasn't particularly interested. He had seen Libick before, and he didn't like that desolate feeling. He didn't even bother to take a second look. He had thought that the places where humans lived in this world were more or less the same, and he couldn't summon any interest.

It wasn't until he truly saw the capital star, Acel, which looked completely different from Libick, that he felt the slaps on his face. Layered and intertwined buildings, black lines floating in the air, various bubble clouds, floating colored balls, and massive metallic structures-all things Wen Jin had never seen before! The tall and aesthetically pleasing buildings arranged together immediately touched Wen Jin. Even the colors of many buildings were unfamiliar to him, let alone their beauty! The little fox, deeply captivated by this planet, stuck to the transparent glass after leaving the ship, following along without turning his gaze.

"He really likes the capital star; he's more excited than in Libick," Archie teased.

"Chirp!" Chuchu mocked on Archie's shoulder, calling him a country fox!

"Howl!" Wen Jin turned his head and growled back, I'll bite your neck if you keep making noise! Due to having absorbed spiritual energy just now, and with the internal injuries improving, Wen Jin couldn't help using a bit of spiritual power this time.

Because this bird was so annoying, it indeed had some spiritual energy, and it could talk. However, in the past few days, every time Wen Jin tried to ask something, it liked to play dumb. It refused to answer his questions, and every time he scolded it, it immediately started chirping and arguing as if coming back for a fight.

To witness this scene, Archie surprisingly found it quite comforting. He even approached Devitt and suggested that the two familiars got along well. It might be nice for them to spend more time together and become good friends. Wen Jin felt utterly annoyed at this suggestion. He didn't want to watch this stupid bird all day long.

Feeling a surge of fierce pressure, Chuchu's body immediately trembled. Instinctively shivering its wings, its neck stiffened. Its gaze dropped, presenting a pitiful appearance. "Chirp... chirp chirp-"

"Will Lin examine it?" Devitt asked.

Archie nodded, "I've also invited Old Chen to come over. Although he's not professionally born in the field of familiars, he's always been the best beast doctor in my heart."