040

Chapter 40

When Eve's pale golden eyes opened, the entire emergency room erupted.

Especially when her gaze consciously fell on Dewitt, her eyes focused, and she made a gesture with her mouth like saying "Marshal."

"Oh my god, how is this possible..." Someone whispered in the corner.

"Was that spiritual power on the monitor just now from that contract beast? Did the contract beast dispel the zerg poison?" People outside the door were also discussing.

This rescue operation attracted too much attention. For the research institute that had been focused entirely on breaking the zerg poison recently, it was not an exaggeration to say that it was the center of attention. At this moment, all the attention attracted by this rescue was focused on Wen Jin.

Several researchers who specialized in contract beasts almost looked infatuated when they looked at Wen Jin.

If the person holding Wen Jin wasn't Dewitt, those researchers looked like they wanted to rush up with various research instruments.

Professor Lin's gaze was also shining, but this enthusiasm from researchers was ultimately pressed under his rationality.

He sternly cleared the emergency room of all the bystanders, driving everyone out of the emergency room. Originally, he wanted to leave Dewitt and Wen Jin, but because the little fox turned his head and refused, he had to give up.

The reason Wen Jin was unwilling mainly was that when Eve woke up, the discussions of others were soft. The most intense response came from Mary.

She directly jumped over, hugged Wen Jin's neck, and began to cry wildly with a "booming" sound. At that moment, Wen Jin had just stopped the action of extracting energy from the Eternal Energy Stone. It was a time when he needed to concentrate the most, so he was caught off guard and hugged by Mary.

It can be said that when Mary cried, the well-muscled Mary was not the least bit ladylike. It lowered its body, burying its head in Wen Jin's chest, which was half of her size. Then, it started to frantically rub against the soft triangular chest hair in front of Wen Jin.

While rubbing and crying, Wen Jin's triangular hair was soaked through in less than two seconds.

"Sob, sob!" Benefactor, from today onwards, you are my benefactor!

"Sob, sob, sob!" As she buried her head a bit more, her voice trembling with a crying tone, "I want to thank you, thank your whole family!"

Wen Jin: ...

Faced with a sudden and enthusiastic little fangirl who seemed to be expressing gratitude in a not-so-great way, Wen Jin felt a bit at a loss. He didn't have the heart to push Mary away with the same momentum he used to scold Fiete.

His paws hesitated on the bed for a moment, then turned his head, and with a somewhat helpless look in his black bean eyes, he looked at Dewitt, letting out a soft "Ao---."

And then Dewitt was instantly captivated.

In fact, when Mary pounced and hugged Wen Jin, Dewitt's heart felt a bit stingy. At that moment, his mind was full of the comforting words Cass had said to him not long ago, "Little furball is not small anymore; maybe it's looking for a young lady," and his continuous self-persuasion to watch the little furball make friends like a loving old father.

Young lady.

Making friends.

Young lady.

Making friends.