052

Chapter 52

Although the space inside the floating car was quite spacious, it became different after the barriers rose on all sides.

Wen Jin squatted in the corner, staring blankly at the front seat outside the barrier. His entire little furry face was pressed against the barrier, and his mind was blank, still unable to recover from the explosive news from DeVitt just now.

"Hmm?" Just when Wen Jin felt like he was about to turn into a stone fox, his ear tip was suddenly touched, accompanied by a voice, as if asking for his reaction.

The pointed ears seemed unusually sensitive. As soon as they were touched, they drooped behind his head like they were shocked.

DeVitt narrowed his eyes.

"I don't understand." After a while, Wen Jin finally lowered his head with a guilty look, scratched the floor a bit, and his two soft paws stepped on each other. "You should... put these down."

Wen Jin said this, scratching a couple of times in the middle of the two barriers.

He didn't want to stay here anymore. His heart kept pounding, and in a while, it might just jump out directly. At that time, the scene would definitely be scary. He had never had his heart taken out like this, and it seemed he hadn't been spoken to affectionately in a serious manner either. If his heart jumped out for the first time when someone was speaking sweet words, Wen Jin thought the scene might not be so beautiful.

DeVitt looked at the back of the fox's head but couldn't understand what was going on in the fox's mind. After a pause, he actually reached out and lowered the barrier. Not only did he lower the barrier, but he also opened the right car door for him.

It was evening now, and as soon as the car door opened, the cold wind rushed in. The chill made Wen Jin, who had just wanted to stretch his paw to hide in the car corner, pause, and he shivered subconsciously.

He stared blankly at the opened car door, then looked at DeVitt, lifting his head, "Howl?" What's this for?

"You can leave if you want. Three seconds. If you're sure you don't want to leave, speak up, and we can talk properly," DeVitt said seriously, looking directly into Wen Jin's eyes, one word at a time.

Wen Jin's movements with his paws paused, and his heart started beating faster.

DeVitt's tone when saying these words was too serious. Although it didn't sound urgent or intense, Wen Jin felt... extremely uncomfortable, as if staying in this space a moment longer would result in all his fur being stripped away.

Wen Jin's heart pounded, and the fleshy cheeks on his face were warm. He couldn't even maintain his transformed state and instantly turned back into a slender fox in front of DeVitt.

Looking down at his suddenly slimmed-down paws, Wen Jin felt unsure where to put his face. Staring at the car door, he actually felt like running out, escaping this place where he felt so nervous. Outside, he could be carefree and relaxed again, and no one would make him so tense.

But maybe no one would treat him so well again.

"Howl..." Wen Jin hesitated with his paw on the car's edge.

In that moment of hesitation, a voice rang out from above, "Three, two, one."

"Howl?" Wen Jin paused, and in the next moment, his front paws were gently lifted, the car door closed, and simultaneously, DeVitt reembraced him, using that method of holding him with arms wide open.

Facing Wen Jin's somewhat stunned expression, DeVitt explained earnestly, "Three seconds go by quickly. You missed it."

Wen Jin, "..."