chptr 21,,''

Yor hung up the phone quietly. Anya and Loid looked up at her, and Bond stood up and held onto Yor. As Bond looked into the future, she saw her crying in this dark, dim, room. Bond was a bit shocked and Anya looked at him but she didn't want to say anything since Yor looked a bit confused, shocked, and sadness. Those expressions immediately waved through her face as Loid walked over her. She looks quite pale, is she ok? "Yor, are you ok?" He put his hand on her back but she didn't say anything. She had just gotten a phone call from SSS not too long ago. She turned around to walk to her room and Loid saw tears on her face. "Yor, is everything alr-" The door behind her closed quietly but the silence in the room made it sound a lot louder than it did. What happened to mama? Now, Anya ran over to Bond and held his face. She whispered in a low tone to him, "What happened, Bond!" Anya could see the same glimpse of the dark, cold, room as well. She stumbled back and looked toward's Loid as he lowered his hand slowly. "Papa! Mama is sad!" Loid looked down at Anya and thought, no shit she is. He wasn't sure if he should've walked over to her room to go comfort her for some reason but he started to second guess himself. I'm not even in that much relationships! How do I help her? He swallowed his thoughts and told Anya, "Maybe she's tired. Let's leave her alone for now." He knew that she probably wasn't tired but how would he tell Anya that something so tragic happened to Yor? He walked away to the kitchen to finish preparing dinner and Anya's face looked like she hadn't believed a word he said. Mama isn't tired.

   The next few days of work for both Yor and Loid were a bit stressful. Yor had gotten a lot more like her old self, not socializing with any staff members and just stayed at her own corner. She also couldn't talk a lot from whatever took her over from thay phone call as well. Loid started to get preoccupied in work, as he couldn't think of any supposed reason why Yor was acting so depressed. Maybe she just got word for something about her..job? No, she's at work right now! Her..cooking? It isn't the greatest after all.. Maybe it's about her parents! But they're dead.. so is it- Loid's thoughts were interrupted by his dead glare and the patient. "U-uhm..Dr. Forger! A-are you, ok?" Loid snapped back to reality and tried to let out a small chuckle. "Y-yes, I'm fine. Now, what was it about your..feelings lately?" He straightened his glasses and coat, taking his pen and clipboard back. It was going to be a long day before he could return home and see what was up with Yor again.

  Even Anya was having hard times to go to school. Earlier that morning, she didn't even want to get up from bed and instead wanted to go see if Yor was ok. At the end, Loid pushed her out of the house and onto the school bus. Anya fidgeted all day in school and was dazing out a lot more often. Mhm..is mama ok? She kept looking back out to the window and clock, seeing if it was time to go back home yet. "Miss Forger!" The housemaster kept his back straight and yelled Anya's name as Anya looked back in shock. "Pay attention to class!" "Y-yes, sorry, housemaster!" Anya sunk into her chair as Damian and his minions giggled. Becky rolled her eyes and looked back at Anya. She whispered quietly and softly, "Anya-San, are you ok?" Anya looked back up and nodded in a sad expression. Becky didn't believe her word for a second but what else could she do right now? She would just have to ask later.

   Anya sulked into her seat at lunch and Becky accompanied her. "Anya-San! Tell me, what happened?" Becky wanted answers for Anya's sad face the whole day. "Anya doesn't know if she should tell Becky.." Becky nudged her lightly. "Come on, Anya-San! Don't worry, I won't tell anybody!" Anya hesitated but finally gave in. "Ok.." "So, what happened?" "It's about mama..she got a call from something and now she's sad all the time!" Becky gasped. "Oh no, do you think she's depressed or something!?" Anya looked up in confusion. "What does..de-depresszed mean?" Becky shook her head from Anya's innocence. "Basically when somebody goes through something and they're sad all the time! You know, my dad had went through it once, but it's over now.." SHOCK. Anya didn't want Yor depressed, or else they could never focus on their happy family life. Again, the similar situation played through Anya's head. *cry* I'm sooooo, depressed, Loid! I'm an assassin so I cannot be your wife!! Oh no! You're an assassin! I will have to kill you and since Anya knows everything now, she will be disowned and sent back to the orphanage! Nooooooooo!!! Anya blinked herself out of the daze and looked worriedly to Becky. She was frozen and Becky blinked. "Anya-San? It can be cured! Don't worry!" Then again, Damian's group of 3 walked over. "Why so pale, shrimp?" "Yeah! It is because you know you're gonna fail your midterms?" "Ugh! It's always you three! Leave us alone, stupids!" Damian finally had a word in the argument. "What are you gonna do, pigtails?" He smirked and the boys next to him laughed. Damian had finally noticed Anya and stopped laughing, Emile and Ewen following him as well. "Uh..is stubby legs fine?" "Ugh..why would you guys care? Just leave us alone!" "Anya..Anya can't think.." "Yeah, go away, stupids!" Damian looked a bit shocked and hurt from how Anya had just basically insulted him. "You can't tell us what to do, grape!" "Yeah, shut up!" Damian walked and away and Ewen and Emile stumbled and ran after him. Becky looked back and pat Anya's back. "It's ok, Anya. Your mom will be ok!"

   Loid decided to clock out early and go home to see if Yor was ok when she came back. He still had no idea what had really happened to cause Yor to become so upset and down. I'm just going to sit here, waiting for Yor. When she comes back, I'll ask her if she's ok and maybe we can talk it out. He sat patiently on the couch as he kept his eyes on the front door. He checked the clock, 4:32. He decided he couldn't just sit on that couch, waiting for Yor to walk in and then let his plan unfold. He didn't want to startle her either, so he decided to go and make tea for the both of them, and when she came back, they could discuss it over the warm drinks. He boiled the kettle with the water as he turned up the heat. He took the tea bags and got them ready as he poured the water into the cups. While placing the tea bags in gently, making sure there wasn't any splash, somebody had opened the door and walked in. He peeked his head as he looked over and saw her tall, elegant figure close the door. She turned back around to the coating rack and took off her scarf. Loid gently blushed as he saw her do that. "Welcome back, Yor." She was surprised seeing Loid come home earlier than expected. "Oh, hi Loid." She took her bag off and Loid walked over to help her. She slowly took off her coat and folded it, placing it on her forearm. "Would you like tea, Yor?" Yor gave a weak smile and nodded as Loid genuinely smiled back, walking over to get the tea. Yor walked over to her room to out her coat down and came back. She sat down quietly and Loid placed the tea on the tabke for them. He sat down and looked into Yor's eyes. The dark, ruby red eyes held something inside that she didn't tell anyone. Loid placed his tea down from his mouth and asked Yor, "What happened, Yor?" Yor's reaction was a bit confused from his sudden question and she looked away slowly. An awkward tension went into and out of the room, as she sighed and looked back at him hesitantly. "What do you mean?" Loid held down Yor's cup and held her hand. Yor blushed and her eyes widened a bit. "I mean the phone call. Who called?" Loid didn't mean to get all up in her business but this could really affect Operation STRIX and Yor's mental state. She swallowed quickly and realized if she wanted to get through this, she had to talk to at least somebody about this. Besides, Loid looked like the perfect one she could talk to. Anya was too young, she didn't talk to her coworkers so much, and Loid was psychologists, he talked on a daily basis to people about their feelings. Yor opened her mouth to speak. "That phone call came from the State Security Service. They had called because Yuri had gone missing." shit. Loid's expression dropped. This was all so sudden. Yuri? Missing? What type of shit did he do? Somebody had to be after him if he went missing. He held onto Yor's hand tighter as Yor started to mumble. "S-something happened to him..and he..he didn't go to work this morning." Yor's head hanged low as she started to cry. Loid could understand her emotions. Yuri was all she had in her childhood and Yuri had Yor. They shared such a close bond, this was definitely devastating news. Yor let go of Loid's hands and got up from her seat. "I-I'm sorry, I need a moment.." Loid looked up at her as she walked to her room. Loid could hear the door close and he sighed. He picked up the cups and brought them to the sink. After he finished washing them, he walked over to Yor's room and knocked on the door. "Yor? I'm sorry I keep bothering you, but Yuri will be found." His eyes met with Yor's as she opened the door for him, tears still flowing down. He walked in and Yor sat back down on the bed. She wiped her tears slowly and looked back up to Loid. "I'm sorry, Loid. I don't mean to affect you or Anya..I just-" Loid sat back down with Yor. He wrapped his arms around her as her head laid on his chest. "Don't worry, Yor. Everything will be ok."

Anya walked into the house with the lights on, but nobody greeted her. She looked around and saw Bond on the floor. He was sound asleep so she didn't want to interrupt his slumber. The bus came late today so she had arrived later than usual. Anya looked around the house. In a low voice, she whispered their names. "Mama? Papa?" She checked Loid's room slowly, everything was in place and still in tact. Nobody was in the bathroom or kitchen. Could they be in Anya's room? She checked anyways even though it was not likely. She turned around and looked at Yor's room. Could they be in Mama's room? The door wasn't locked as she slowly turned the knob. She peeked through the tiny gap she had made and saw Loid and Yor on the bed, with Loid's hand comforting Yor. Anya smiled. Hehe, Papa and Mama are flirting!

word count : 2002

A/N : hi guys! ty for over 160 reads!! it means so much that u guys love the book so far! I'll keep trying to write everyday with a new idea! tysm and have a good day/night!