(The owl house) The Collector X Reader

"Solitude"

"Solitude"

(In this imagine Y/n will replace King)

Pov The Collector

"Y/n, I thought we were friends. Why did you betray me?" I start crying

"I'm sorry, Collector. I had no choice. I needed to buy time for my friends to defeat you."

"And what about me? Was I just a pawn in your game?"

"No, of course not. You're important to me too. But my loyalty lies with my friends."

"I see. So what happens now? You defeat me and go back to your friends, leaving me all alone?"

"I'm sorry it had to come to this, but yes. We have to stop you from causing any more harm."

"I understand. But it still hurts I just wanted to play with everyone, you know? To know that I was just a means to an end."

"I know it's hard, but we can still be friends after this is all over."

I smile. "Can we? After everything that's happened?"

"Yes, of course. We've been through a lot together, and I value our friendship."

"Thank you, Y/n. That means a lot to me."

We share a brief moment of silence.

"Are you ready?"

"As ready as I'll ever be. Let's do this." 

We engage in play battle, with Y/n eventually emerging victorious. "I'm sorry it had to end this way."

"It's okay, Y/n. At least now I can rest easy knowing that you'll always be there for me."