(Big city greens) Chip X Reader

"Is there still the 'we'?"

Pov Y/n

"Chip, I can't believe how much you've changed. You used to be such a caring person."

"Well, Y/n, times change and so do people. I've realized that caring only holds you back from achieving greatness."

"But Chip, what about the Greens? They've been nothing but kind to us. How can you turn your back on them like this?"

"The Greens are nothing but obstacles in my path to success. I won't let sentimentality get in the way of my ambitions."

That hurt my feelings. "Ambitions? Is that all that matters to you now? What about love and compassion?"

"Love and compassion won't pay the bills, Y/n. It's a dog-eat-dog world out there, and I refuse to be left behind."

"But I still love you, Chip. With all my heart. Can't you see that?" A tear slides by my cheek.

"Love won't get us anywhere in this cutthroat world, Y/n. It's time you start thinking like me if you want to survive." 

"Survival shouldn't come at the cost of our humanity, Chip. We can find a way to succeed without sacrificing our values."

"Values are for the weak, Y/n. If you want to stay with me, you'll have to embrace the darkness too."

"I can't do that, Chip. I won't compromise who I am for your ambitions."

"Suit yourself, Y/n. But remember, when I'm at the top, don't come crawling back to me."