FIFTY-NINE - [ My Love?]

FAST FORWARD

Jennie and I are no longer have any relationship. It's been a year since we're divorced and I sincerely let her go because I don't want her to feel depressed because of my behavior towards her. I don't know what life would be like after we both agreed to part ways amicably. I respect her so I have to return her well just like how I wanted to propose her to be my wife before and now I would let her go in the same way. We have less contact with each other unless it is about children. All my kids and Jennie are still living in the house that I gave to Jennie as a wedding present, they have not gone anywhere, only I have not settled there.

I bought an apartment for me to shelter and live alone. Sometimes I brought my children to stay with me and they loved when they could came to my little house. I am grateful because Jennie did not break her promise to me, she always allowed me to see my kids whose are now keeps growing up well and smart. Liam and Jane will start their primary school, Louis will start his early childhood education soon. Chiquita, the youngest girl who looks almost ninety percent like me is now a smart crawler who likes to laughs cutely. I'm sad that they have to face all this without a perfect family like their other friends. But I have promised to always be there for them no matter what happens. I'm still their father even though there's a little distance from each other.

Today I will go to the office to manage some things, the company has also received a lot of cooperation from several parties for the latest project which is still under discussion. I planned to developing several shopping mall buildings in a certain area, an area that has a very high population but lacks facilities like this. Apart from that, I am also in the phase of expanding the company that I am running to open more job opportunities for the young people and hire more people who are experts to help me in raising Manoban's Corporation to a better and grander direction.

As soon as the meeting and affairs at the office were over, I had to rush to the twins' school to take them home. Jennie is so busy with her career so I had to hired some maids to manage the house and kids. I also rarely see her whenever I goes to the home to meet the children. I don't know what she is doing, is her career more important than her kids and her duties as a mother?

"How was the school today?", I asked Liam and Jane as we drove home.

"I'm very angry, Daddy. I had a very bad day today!", replied Jane in a bad tone.

"Why, my dear?"

"Jane got into a fight with her classmate, Daddy", Liam added quickly. I frowned and stopped the car next to the recreation park.

"What you say?"

"Why did you told Daddy about that!", Jane whispered to Liam but I could still heard their conversation.

"Jane..."

"Yes, Daddy..."

"You got into a fight at school? Why, what happened?"

"My classmates makes fun of me for not having a perfect family, that's not true! I deserve to be mad with them"

"Why do they say that?"

"They could tell that Liam and I didn't have a perfect family like everyone else. They said I wouldn't be happy because my mom and dad are divorced."

I sighed heavily and looked at her who was just sitting next to me.

"You and your siblings are never different from anyone else. You still have Daddy and Mummy"

"It's still different, Daddy! I felt it when they say I'm a child who lacks of love but Daddy always gives me a lot of love. They deserved to be beaten so they know how to shut up!"