SIXTY-THREE [Jelly Ni]

FAST FORWARD

It's been a week and Jennie hasn't come to visit me, I was wonder why and how she is right now. I missed that small human, I liked being touched by her, I really could feel like  she is home to me. But unfortunately you are already owned by someone else.

In retrospect, I was a bad person if I wanted to destroy your happiness, Jen. I just wanted to see you always be happy and keep smiling, I'm happy when you are with someone who could makes you happy and loves you perfectly.

And yes, it's true, I can't forcing you to come back to me again, she's already given me so many chances... but I just wasted it, and I deserved to be left like this if her heart isn't what it used to be.

I would be able to back home this evening, I would go back to my apartment for a while. I'm not longer live in the house where my children are. I have to respect them because they are legally married. I will just go there after my body is strong enough to walk with my own, for the time being I am still dependent on the cane recommended by the doctor. I don't know how long I have to live like this alone.

Not long after that someone knocked on the door of my room, it was Diana. The beautiful woman I once loved, not much has changed on her, always has that sweet smile while she speaks softly with me. I gave her a small smile after being greeted by her.

"Hello Lisa, how are you today?", asked Diana with a smile.

"I'm fine. You came alone?"

"Yes, your mother said that you will be discharged today. So I wanted to help you to go home, okay?"

"Thank you."

"Alright. I'll start packing your things now", replied Diana again and tied her hair, not too tidy but she looked beautiful in that style.

"How is your life now?", I asked looking at her who was packing my belongings.

"Everything was good."

"I mean— did you have a husband or a boyfriend now?"

"I just broke up with my boyfriend a few months ago, because I don't want to think about it anymore so I'm thinking of coming to Seoul to start a new life"

"Do you want a Korean boyfriend, like that?", I joked with her.

"Why not if there is a match. What about you?", Diana asked me with a smile.

"I don't know about my life"

"Hmm??"

"I... don't know", I stared into her eyes softly and smiled to myself.

"You are beautiful. Whoever gets you were be so lucky", I added.

"You are also more charming even though you already have four children. Your children are cute and smart, I'm sure they had be educated well and full of love by the two of you guys"

I just smiled while staring at her.

FAST FORWARD
We were on our way to my apartment, Diana driving for me. Not long after that we arrived and went up to the level of my house.

The house was very messy since it has been abandoned for a long time.

"You sit here, I want to clean the living room and your room first", said Diana.

"Uh, don't. I mean— It's okay, I can fix all this later"

"Don't worry, you just need to sit and rest first", answered Diana again and moved to do her work.

And suddenly my house bell rang, I didn't know who it was I tried to get up and open the door but Diana went faster towards the door and opened it for me.