Chapter 55: Roles

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

N O W P L A Y I N G

» [Team - Piano Dreamers ] «

0:01 ─〇──────── 2:52

⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

━━━━━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━━━━━

───── ❝ R U B Y F R I D A Y ' S P O V ❞ ────

║ Gregorian Calendar ║ 02 - 25 - 2027 ║

║ Wednesday║ (D - 1) Before the Commencement of Olympia's Cup║

The rain pounds against the windows as I sit on the worn leather sofa, waiting for my roommate to finish getting ready. While the air is musty and still, I glance at the clock on the wall for what feels like the hundredth time. It's already 7:50 AM and the assembly starts at 8 - we're going to be late at this rate.

"Serene, are you ready? We're going to be late!" I call out, my voice laced with exasperation.

I roll my eyes at my obvious query. Of course she will take forever to get ready. The dim lights cast shadows around the room as I sink further into the couch, listening to the rhythmic drumming of the rain and the muffled sounds of Serene rushing around.

Mornings like this are commonplace in our small apartment, the silence filled with the noise of daily routines and the occasional argument. Still, it's comforting in a way, a sense of stability amidst the chaos of our student life.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath, focusing on the sound of the rain and the musty smell of old books and worn leather, knowing we'll make it to the assembly eventually, one way or another. For now, I sit and wait, lost in thoughts as the rain continues to fall.

"I'm coming, I'm coming," My roommate's muffled voice replies from her room upstairs, "My hair just won't cooperate today," she replies, her tone hurried yet carefree.

I sigh and glance at my watch. As the minute hand is creeping closer to the top, to kill time I tried to I glance down at my own simple ponytail and lip gloss in the mirror across from me.

Yet, grazing my eyes further down to my uniform, my hands automatically acted on their own to tug my skirt, trying to pull it down another inch 'cause it suddenly feels even shorter than usual. Touching the hem of it, I wondered if it's too short or it's just me being paranoid like always. It hovers just above my knees, the regulation length according to the school rules, but still making me feel a bit exposed.

I tug at it again, wishing they weren't so high-cut but the fabric resists, stretching tightly across my thighs. I give up and let my hand fall back into my lap. My attention returns to the outside space where the storm rages on but in here all is cozy and quiet.

Rain and the occasional ticking of the clock made my eyes wander around our tiny dorm room. The lights are dimmed, casting shadows across the worn furniture and making the place feel cozy despite the cold outside.

The walls are bare except for a few faded posters. Dust coats the desk and chairs in a thin film. The curtains are drawn, blocking out the morning sunlight.